What about Shaun Alexander? (2 Viewers)

No way Felix makes it past the cowboys or out of the 1st round. Shaun is done. I would rather have Ron Dayne than him.

Shaun Alexander is done...we don't want him.

The RBs on the Saints roster after Duece are Bush, Stecker, P Thomas, Barclay, and Branch.

Barclay and Branch won't make the roster this year.

Stecker and PT are great all-around backs and will make the roster as primary back-ups and for ST and KR.

Bush will continued to be featured both in single and two-RB sets, and sometimes split wide.

Deuce's unique attribute that none of the above have is the ability as a large back to really pound it up the middle and move the pile - consistently.

I believe we do not have a back-up on the roster that provides the "pounder" role. Ron Dayne would fit that bill. But I could see Payton spending a second day pick for this type of back in a deep RB draft year..

Anyone remember that game when he was on the sideline jumping up and down and clapping like a little school girl? Regardless of what Alexander has ever done in his entire career that image sticks out the most for me.

Dude has no heart. You could see that last season.

I don't think it has much to do with heart, I just think it's another example of how amazingly quick the drop off is for a RB. Mister everything in 2005 to nothing the next two years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom