What about Steck? (1 Viewer)

Bring Steck back?

• Yes bring him back!

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • No... we have no need for 4 RBs on the active roster!

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Do the Saints sign him back... and have 4 RBs on the active roster? I think Pierre has more than earned his roster spot with his performance against Chi-Town... so do we resign Steck to some big $$ or do we bring back Barclay to sit on the practice squad?

There's no promise that Deuce will be back to 100% early on... and Payton may treat him the same way he did last year early on with 10-25 carries. Should they bring Steck back or what?

:shrug:

I voted no and here's why.

I like Stecker, and I like what he brought to this team over his time here, BUT I just feel that Pierre Thomas has made him expendable. PT can take over the role Stecker filled in the offense, and then we can use that 4th RB spot to really upgrade our return game.

...that's what I think.

goodbye stecker.

reggie bush, deuce mcallister, pierre thomas and i expect a draft pick RB.

Stecker's here until somebody beats him out or Stecker himself decides to call it quits.

I think that about sums it up.

I agree with this one.. I really doubt stecker demanding top dollar. And he is excellent on Special Teams.. he goes back to being captain of ST, and the other RB moreso on offense.
Don't think of Stecker as the Lead return guy.. but the lead blocker. Hopefully Gleason see's a return to action in '08. REmember stecker is the one that cleared up Reggies punt return against the buc's didnt' he?
OUR ST was lost last year without gleason, mcaffe, beerman, and then steck going offense.

PT beat him out already so GOODBYE Steck... Wish you luck with any team you go to EXCEPT the Falcons.

PT Cruiser is clearly in a position of strength on the depth chart after his Chicago performance, but Steck has hardly been beaten completely out of a roster spot.

Our draft picks or free agent acquisitions during the next several weeks will tell the tale of Stecker's tail. If I were a betting guy, I wouldn't bet against Steck.

I like the group of running backs that we have and I also believe Stecker's not asking for a break the bank type of contract. I like Pierre Thomas, too. I think we should keep them both.

He'll be a cheap resign, unless another team offers him more playing time, I see him coming back and we go into next yeat with Bush, Duece, Thomas and Stecker.

But we don't need 4 runningbacks and we need special team help, so that 4th spot could be used on a returner and that returners position might not be at runningback which makes the #4) spot more iffy....but there is no harm in resigning him..I think we are pretty much set with the top 2 runners anyway.

I like Steck but I voted no. I think he is a great teammate type guy but just an okay player. He's good enough to not get cut really. Kinda like Whitehead. You like having him on the team. But he's a limited guy with zero upside.

I think in light of Steck's good performance filling in, that another team that is in desperate need might give him a good deal. I was never a huge Stecker fan, but he did show me something during those "fill in" games.

I think we do need 4 RBs, but Steck is not one of them.

We have a 2 RB system that worked great in '06 - Duece and Reggie. We need backups for both because they are both very different types of back with differing roles.

While neither Steck or PT completely "back up" Bush, no way we let PT go. Also, neither really back up Duece...they just don't have the size/power of DM. That makes Steck the odd man out.

I think we'll draft a big back in the middle rounds to be Duece's back-up, and potential replacement if he doesn't fully regain form.

How about we count Reggie as more of a WR? Let's be honest, most of us prefer him catching and our stud, Deuce will need as little carries as possible if back, and we need some insurance if he isn't. So, sure up the WR spot, since Reggie is so versatile count him as the last WR, Steck gets to stay to add insurance at RB and SpT, and we could even bring someone else in to give more chances of our RB corp being good....with Pierre leading the way, of course.

How about we count Reggie as more of a WR? Let's be honest, most of us prefer him catching and our stud, Deuce will need as little carries as possible if back, and we need some insurance if he isn't. So, sure up the WR spot, since Reggie is so versatile count him as the last WR, Steck gets to stay to add insurance at RB and SpT, and we could even bring someone else in to give more chances of our RB corp being good....with Pierre leading the way, of course.

reggie's salary is spot for top RB, it's way over the top for a WR. He's a RB that is a great outlet reciever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom