What about Tua ? (1 Viewer)

I want the next QB to be about 6’3, 225 pounds with a 4.5 40 and have the ability to extend plays. Oh wait....
I would like a qb who could play an entire season without getting hurt. I love t-hill. Lived in salt lake for years and saw him play at BYU. His style of play is all or nothing and it’s punishing on the body.

I can’t even imagine someone drafting a player who can barely walk right now in the first round.
That’s crazy

Kind of reminds me of Marcus Lattimore RB from South Carolina. Although he dropped to the 4th round to the 49ners..

Well we all know that didn’t workout well.

I’d stay far away from Tua

Willis Mcgahee was still a first round pick a few months after tearing his knee up. Later than he would’ve been pre-injury...but still a first. A Mcgahee type drop would put Tua in our range. “Experts” keep saying he goes in the top 10 but it feels like a perfect fit here where he could sit a year behind Drew.

Look at Tua's highlights, he doesn't ever throw the ball more than 50 yards in the air, just like Brees.

Besides that, Tua is going #2 or #3 overall. Some team is going to hold him ransom to the Dolphins or Panthers.

I would honestly do a Ricky Williams type move to get Burrow if its even possible.

I think the gamble is worth it.

Another one to consider might be Jalen Hurts. Slight chance he might be available when we draft in the 3rd round or at least fall far enough that we could afford to move up and get him like we did with Kamara.

But honestly, I'm kinda on the fence about him. He doesn't have the proto-type size or anywhere near the glam of Tua or Burrow. But there's something to him. He's a gamer with some specialness to him.
I love Tua, and would love to see him in a Saints uniform.
but I’d stay far away from Hurts. Hurts is going to be a bust in the NFL, imo. He isn’t a very good passer. Doesn’t make progressions, inaccurate, and, aside from running, just isn’t very good. He looked terrible against the only 2 good teams he played against: LSU and Texas. Same for Jordan Love. I don’t get the love for him.
I like Fromm after Tua. And keep an eye on Ehlinger for a later round pick

I would honestly do a Ricky Williams type move to get Burrow if its even possible.

I think the gamble is worth it.
Qbs like Burrow are rare. You gotta do what you can to get him. Plus comparing a QB to the Ricky Williams draft capital situation is ridiculous. At his best Ricky was just going to be a cog in the machine. Someone like Joe Burrow is a machine you can build upon.

Qbs like Burrow are rare. You gotta do what you can to get him. Plus comparing a QB to the Ricky Williams draft capital situation is ridiculous. At his best Ricky was just going to be a cog in the machine. Someone like Joe Burrow is a machine you can build upon.

It was a stupid move back then for Ricky Williams, but this is more because of Ditka not knowing what he was doing, he didnt have someone like Buddy Ryan build him a defense to run with for years.

We need to bump this thread. I saw in one of the mock draft, they got us picking him. Anyone here watch him closely? Is he good? I feel he has potential but he needs work.

We need to bump this thread. I saw in one of the mock draft, they got us picking him. Anyone here watch him closely? Is he good? I feel he has potential but he needs work.

I would say he is pretty good. He had a bad injury, but if he can return to form, I would say he is 1B as far as quarterbacks in this draft. He’s mobile, accurate, and very smart.

He declared with a significant injury that will keep him off the field for the entire 2020 season. You better bet your horses he’s getting drafted in the top 15. Most likely in the top 10. I don’t see Miami, LAC, and Carolina all passing on the kid. Then you have Detroit and the NYG who will be entertaining trades for a team to move ahead of Miami to steal him. If he falls to 24, then that probably means most teams and their medical staff believe he will never make a full recovery, and if that’s the case, the Saints probably pass at 24.

I think a consideration, on Tua, is what adjustments it takes to change to a left handed QB. From OL's complete reversal to WRs adjusting to a completely different pass. I certainly have faith in MT adjusting, but w/the continuing WR problems, there is a concern.

I don't really care if he is drafted, but w/the emergence of Tannehill (after escaping the black hole of MI) & Bridgewater's performance, there may be "reclamation" options out there that we are unaware of.

Burrows would be a luxury that could destroy the franchise, regardless of his talent. Remember what happened for 3 years after we lost 2 2nd round picks in a row? Make it 2 1sts, add more picks, lose a couple of our best players(+ the FA losses) & we could be looking @ multiple losing seasons, before being able to restock.

I think a consideration, on Tua, is what adjustments it takes to change to a left handed QB. From OL's complete reversal to WRs adjusting to a completely different pass. I certainly have faith in MT adjusting, but w/the continuing WR problems, there is a concern.

I don't really care if he is drafted, but w/the emergence of Tannehill (after escaping the black hole of MI) & Bridgewater's performance, there may be "reclamation" options out there that we are unaware of.

Burrows would be a luxury that could destroy the franchise, regardless of his talent. Remember what happened for 3 years after we lost 2 2nd round picks in a row? Make it 2 1sts, add more picks, lose a couple of our best players(+ the FA losses) & we could be looking @ multiple losing seasons, before being able to restock.
Yeah but concern too with him being left handed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom