What actor/ess traverses both TV and film equally well? (1 Viewer)

also he doesn't 'quite' fit in with the OP mostly b/c he's a character actor but Giancarlo Esposito is very fluid across both media (and in and out of characters)

can't get images to load for some reason, but I wanted to show a MM Club Keri Russel vs a The Americans Keri Russel - -a stark contrast
I didn't know she was an alum. I wouldn't recognize Demi Lovato from those days either.

I'm now thinking Lawrence Fishburne started on Pee Wee and is now on Black-ish. The older daughter should be making the jump to movies soon.

Last edited:
obviously:
shaq
cate blanchett

and
danny devito

oh and
bruce willis

Last edited:
I'm now thinking Lawrence Fishburne started on Pee Wee and is now on Black-ish. The older daughter should be making the jump to movies soon.

Fishburne had a significant resume before Pee-Wee, including a memorable part in Apocalypse Now (part of the patrol boat crew). He was also in the Color Purple and a handful of other movie and TV appearances pre-PWP.

Fishburne had a significant resume before Pee-Wee, including a memorable part in Apocalypse Now (part of the patrol boat crew). He was also in the Color Purple and a handful of other movie and TV appearances pre-PWP.
king of new york as “larry” fishburne. classic.

Alec Baldwin
He was a major movie star and goes seamlessly between tv and major movies. He's great on SNL and was a huge part of 30 Rock's success. And he still does big movies like the Mission Impossible series.

Wow. You must be ancient, Mr. superchuck500.... My first memory of Fishburne was during Pee Wee.
I now see that he did Color Purple in '85, then Pee Wee in '86. I didn't watch Apocalypse Now until the 90s.
So... are you in agreement that Fishburne should be included?

Last edited:
Kiefer Sutherland is one I think can be included. I think he makes that transition very easily.

All your ex'es have been with Jon Hamm?
heh . Dude is now known far and wide as Jon the Ham... Ill have to research this matter further.

Edit: I'm doing this in the name of science...

Anyway... Tracy Morgan is the same dude, no matter the media. He deserves as much credit as Alec does towards the success of 30 Rock. The Last OG is why I nominated Tiffany Haddish. She is perhaps the hottest female comic these days.

Last edited:
Wow. You must be ancient, Mr. superchuck500.... My first memory of Fishburne was during Pee Wee.
I now see that he did Color Purple in '85, then Pee Wee in '86. I didn't watch Apocalypse Now until the 90s.
So... are you in agreement that Fishburne should be included?

In all honesty, my first memory of Fishburne was on PeeWee as well, but he certainly didn’t get his start there. But I agree that he’s very good though, a quality actor.

I really don’t understand the criteria - seems like we have regressed to naming anyone who did film and TV . . . so I really don’t know who shouldn’t be included.

That's saintsreport! LOL

Yeah, these threads always do.

The topic will be “Best restaurant ever” and someone will eventually say “Well, I have never had a bad meal at Waffle House - it needs to be in the discussion.”

The topic will be “Best restaurant ever” and someone will eventually say “Well, I have never had a bad meal at Waffle House - it needs to be in the discussion.”

In all fairness, the nuance of the question can yield very different results. If the question is "Best restaurant ever," then WH doesn't crack the top 1 million. However, if the question is "Best restaurant ever at 4:00am after you've been out power-drinking all night," then it's top tier.

Scattered, smothered, and covered here.

I miss the Awful Waffle.

Last edited:
Yeah, these threads always do.

so we're talking about (good) actors we'd expect to see in a Waffle house?
with this new wave of clean living celebrities this is gonna be tough...
i'll go with Gael Garcia Bernal - maybe that's why we haven't seen much of him lately

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom