What actor/ess traverses both TV and film equally well? (1 Viewer)

Alec Baldwin
He was a major movie star and goes seamlessly between tv and major movies. He's great on SNL and was a huge part of 30 Rock's success. And he still does big movies like the Mission Impossible series.

As some lagniappe to this, Alec Baldwin was originally considered for the role of Nucky Thompson on Boardwalk Empire. From tidbits from Mark Wahlberg and Scorsese contract issues and prior commitments derailed it.

I wish there was an alternate timeline where I could of seen that series.

Steve Buscemi is a great actor, deserves to be on this list as well for weaving between great TV and great film, but Baldwin would of been a perfect anchor for that show. Probably heightened it above the slightly above average place it ultimately fell.

Jeffrey Wright

I don't know if he's done any tv other than Westworld and he never has large movie roles but he's always excellent
I remember him first from Basquiat. And now I don't know where I know him best from ... Hunger Games? Boardwalk Empire? The Invasion? Westworld? Etc., etc. Has become a major actor (also has a Tony for Angels in America and also did the TV mini series) while quietly becoming a major star in more than one medium. An excellent example.

I remember him first from Basquiat. And now I don't know where I know him best from ... Hunger Games? Boardwalk Empire? The Invasion? Westworld? Etc., etc. Has become a major actor (also has a Tony for Angels in America and also did the TV mini series) while quietly becoming a major star in more than one medium. An excellent example.
yeah it's just insane range
he was INCREDIBLE in Angels in America
he was also Peoples in Shaft
it's hard to get more bookendy than those 2 roles

Tom Selleck. Always great on TV and had a good stretch of movies, although he's now just a straight to disc kind of guy.

Tom Selleck. Always great on TV and had a good stretch of movies, although he's now just a straight to disc kind of guy.
Really? I think of him as having flamed out in movies. Notwithstanding the "3 Men" movies, remember Her Alibi? Quigley Down Under? Mr. Baseball? To me, his claim to fame lies 97% in TV: Magnum PI, Blue Bloods, the Jesse Stone series .... the great 1978 TV movie "Superdome"!!

Really? I think of him as having flamed out in movies. Notwithstanding the "3 Men" movies, remember Her Alibi? Quigley Down Under? Mr. Baseball? To me, his claim to fame lies 97% in TV: Magnum PI, Blue Bloods, the Jesse Stone series .... the great 1978 TV movie "Superdome"!!

Well y'all have already taken all the good ones.

Kevin Bacon

Did anyone mention Tom Hardy yet?

Where does Ron Howard fit in the conversation? Great TV success as a child/teen, some success in movies while young, then an incredible career directing.

And I take umbrage to so quickly belittling his movie career. Quigley Down Under and Mr. Baseball were both great movies and have you forgotten Runaways, starring Gene Simmons (KISS) as the villain? I believe that movie won Oscar for longest tongue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom