what actor played the best role in a sitcom? (1 Viewer)

George Costanza

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhhzwjt2AG0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhhzwjt2AG0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

heres a question..... is there any sitcoms currently airing right now that are good?? i cant even think of one that can be even compared to a seinfeld, king of queens, everybody loves raymond, and so on....

I'd also go with O'Connor. The 70's were a decade where we completely re-examined life in the new America. Archie Bunker was a groundbreaking character as "any old white guy" who often jostled with Jews, Blacks and Asians in figuring out our places and roles. Of course Gloria and Meathead represented the youth on that show and a changing value system, post industrial revolution. Norman Lear was amazing to even have put the show together and it became probably the single best television show in American history. Obviously later in the game it got a little stale and then Archie Bunker's Place which featured Archie raising his Jewish neice (?) was a sappy immitation. But the ground that show broke and the characature of real life that it was able to portray of ethnic, white America was astounding. Archie's bigotry had you laughing no matter where you stood on an issue and forced you to think that "there's gotta be a better way."

JMO

TPS

heres a question..... is there any sitcoms currently airing right now that are good?? i cant even think of one that can be even compared to a seinfeld, king of queens, everybody loves raymond, and so on....

I'd rank "The Office" right alongside of Seinfeld and a little higher than the other two you mentioned.

Carroll O'Conner with Lucille Ball a close second.

Jason Bateman as Michael in "Arrested Development".

and

Alan Alda as "Hawkeye" in M.A.S.H (early season, when he wasn't the tortured soul and mush Hawkeye)

2 of the best showes to ever air.

+1. The most gifted physical comedian of our time, and the competition's not even very close, IMO.

I would argue that Carol Burnett and Lucile Ball were two of the most gifted physical comedians of our time, perhaps more so than Ritter.

I'd rank "The Office" right alongside of Seinfeld and a little higher than the other two you mentioned.

yea thats true, but i was thinking more along the lines of a sitcom on abc, nbc, fox, or cbs. it seems like all they air now is those dam reality shows. i wish some new good sitcoms would air. its sad that the american audience gets so hooked onto the reality show garbage.....somehow, it gets great ratings

yea thats true, but i was thinking more along the lines of a sitcom on abc, nbc, fox, or cbs. it seems like all they air now is those dam reality shows. i wish some new good sitcoms would air. its sad that the american audience gets so hooked onto the reality show garbage.....somehow, it gets great ratings

"The Office" is on NBC.

I would argue that Carol Burnett and Lucile Ball were two of the most gifted physical comedians of our time, perhaps more so than Ritter.

Well if you consider Lucile Ball of "our time" then you have to put Dick Van Dyke up there above all of them as for as physical comedy goes.

Well if you consider Lucile Ball of "our time" then you have to put Dick Van Dyke up there above all of them as for as physical comedy goes.

Yeah, I mentioned Ritter keeping in mind that Three's Company went off the air in the 80s, while Ball and Van Dyke were more of the "black & white" era. They were as good as Ritter, I think, as was Burnett.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom