What am I missing? (1 Viewer)

zangao

Rookie
Reaction score
Media can’t let go of the eagles, and the darling rams....
yes we went down 14 nothing, and Foles had something like 117 yards and a touch and 1 running touchdown. And Brees started 0-4 with a pick.

After that
0 points, 2 INT and something like 120 yards total offense ?

Brees
28-34 82% (28 for 38 is total after going 0-4 which is still 73.4 %) 2 touched downs and 301 yards
But but but

Come on guys...

Now that doesn’t mean I’m not nervous about this weekend, but the media can’t seem to wrap these number around their heads. And it’s the first action Brees had seen in 3 weeks.

Who dat

yes we went down 14 nothing, and Foles had something like 117 yards and a touch and 1 running touchdown. And Brees started 0-4 with a pick.

After that

Brees
28-34 82% (28 for 38 is total after going 0-4 which is still 73.4 %) 2 touched downs and 301 yards
But but but

Come on guys...

Now that doesn’t mean I’m not nervous about this weekend, but the media can’t seem to wrap these number around their heads. And it’s the first action Brees had seen in 3 weeks.

Who dat
Milking viewership in larger markets...

The Saints were dominant in three quarters, it just didn't show up on the scoreboard. They mostly had their way with the Eagles, and were held back only by some self-inflicted miscues.

The media didn't get their Foles' magic, instead it was another showcase of Brees' mastery. The finest display came in the form of a clock-devouring drive where the Saints gained more than the length of the field in yardage, and scored two touchdowns, because they are the Saints and when they are hitting on all cylinders, they will do this any way they have to. Big play. Long Drive. Backup QB. Pick a back. Keith Who? They don't care.

'memba when the talking heads were all impressed that the Rams came back from 21 down against the Saints in a losing effort and it said so much about the Rams as a team?

I 'memba.

It's not some big conspiracy. It's just that Brees and Payton have been around for 13 years or whatever and there's not a lot new to say about them. You don't hear anyone talking about the Pats much for the same reason.

I re-watched it last nite. You are spot-on. It was pretty much 100% beat down both offensively and defensively after the 1st quarter. It was dominance. Without the biased officiating, we blow out the Eagles by 20 or more.

And I tip my hat to the Eagles. That was one physically and mentally tired team, but they played with their hearts all out, 110%. Like a reigning SB champ does to honor to their trophy. The Eagles are one very good football team. If only their fans weren't such dirt bags - lol

I just listened to a 10 minute soliloquy on GMF about Nick Foles. He is a great guy by anyone's standards but he along with his team will be watching the rest of the playoffs from their living rooms unlike the 4 teams who are still alive and well.

I really don't care and I'll say the same thing that I said leading up to the Eagles game last week in that the smoke will be cleared this coming Sunday and we'll find out soon enough!!

The one thing that DOES bother me though is the men who actually played the game but their thoughts and opinions come across as totally clueless. I understand that most of it is scripted and it has to come across as a point-counterpoint discussion but some of it is ridiculous to the point of being ridiculous!!

Are they that starved for ratings?

I really think the media has trouble getting past our history......we're not apart of the blue blood franchises and were the pathetic franchise that everyone laughed at. I just don't think they've been able to let go of that perception....not that dissimilar to how they're having a hard time embracing/acknowledging our defensive play this season.

After that

Brees
But but but

Come on guys...

Who dat

I guess it raises the question in people's minds that why did the saints stumble in the 1st qtr? All other home teams were prepared. Plus, people believe that eagles were still in a position to win it in the end but for the missed catch.

And now with Rams' dominant run game against the top D of Dallas, and the fact that Rams came back to tie up the score to 35 points after being down by 18 at the half, people think that Rams can play in the superdome. And unlike the last game where they only attempted 19 runs, they will run run run this time.

I guess it raises the question in people's minds that why did the saints stumble in the 1st qtr? All other home teams were prepared. Plus, people believe that eagles were still in a position to win it in the end but for the missed catch.

And now with Rams' dominant run game against the top D of Dallas, and the fact that Rams came back to tie up the score to 35 points after being down by 18 at the half, people think that Rams can play in the superdome. And unlike the last game where they only attempted 19 runs, they will run run run this time.

Running the ball plays to the strength of our defense. I'm not proclaiming that can't work for them, but let's not treat Gurley and Anderson like an uncontested advantage for the Rams.

The Saints *stumbled* in the first quarter because on the very first play, we were all reminded of the old cliche that football is a game of inches. A little more air on the deep throw to Ginn and the Saints are up 7-0 seconds into the game. That they turned the ball over so quickly, instead, I think rocked them a little bit. It's why I don't particularly care for that kind of risk at that point in the game, especially when our offense is so good at marching the field and establishing tempo. But I also understand that aggressive playcalling has been fundamental to the success of this offense, and we have to take the bad with the good. Fortunately this team has the fortitude to get it together and rebound.

It's not some big conspiracy. It's just that Brees and Payton have been around for 13 years or whatever and there's not a lot new to say about them. You don't hear anyone talking about the Pats much for the same reason.

Atleast Brady is playing the "no respect" card to the hilt.
First he said "everyone thinks we suck" and today he posted the 50cent song on his IG post - "Many men wish death upon me. Blood in my eye, dog, and I can't see. I'm trying to be what I'm destined to be, and n****s trying to take my life away"

We dominated for sure after the 1st. I will say this though, it not only didn't show up on the scoreboard but it also never felt like it. I think it is because of all those penalties it felt like a struggle all day. Its easier for me to wrap my head around how dominate it was now than it was when I was nervously bobbing up and down on the sofa.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom