What Are Chances that Alvin Kamara Will Break Chris Johnson's Yards From Scrimmage Record (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I think he is more than capable of breaking the record, but I don't believe Sean Payton will give him enough carries to get it done. Any thoughts?

MightyMite

Mightiest of all Mites
Reaction score
I think it is unlikely as long as Payton uses the 2 back system. When Johnson set that record he was THE man. If Kamara was used like Johnson on a run first team, I think he could.

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score
I think it would be tough even if he's "the man". That would be about 1600 yards rushing and 900+ yards receiving.

I could see something like 1200 and 1000 though and joining Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk in the 1000/1000 club and being the first player to do it multiple times.

greg985

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Johnson had 2006 rushing yards on 358 attempts and 503 receiving yards on 50 catches the year he broke the record. The 22.4 rushes a game is what makes Johnson's record so hard to match. For comparison Ingram has averaged only 12.6 rushes a game for his career with 17.4 a game being his most. With RBBC being so popular now I just don't see one guy getting to run the ball that much any more.

Just for fun if we take Kamara's averages form last year he would need 245 rushes (15 more rushes than Ingram had last year) which would be 1495 yards and 100 catches for 1020 yards for a total of 2515 yards breaking Johnson's record by 6 yards.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
People are putting to much pressure on Kamara (on this board) to be a THE Feature runner in this offense. The worse thing you can do is run this player into the ground because of his talent...if anything as long as he averages 500 rushing and 500 receiving a year that is a productive year for him...we did this with Reggie Bush but it was Pierre Thomas that (for the most part) kept the run game alive and we forget about Mark Ingram who had 1100 rushing yards and another Pro Bowl.

Reaction score
Pretty much physically impossible...he probably will only get about half the touches required to pull it off. C.J. had an insane year...and a ton of touches. It’s worth noting that he wasn’t the same after that season.

lvsaintsfan

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Johnson had 2006 rushing yards on 358 attempts and 503 receiving yards on 50 catches the year he broke the record. The 22.4 rushes a game is what makes Johnson's record so hard to match. For comparison Ingram has averaged only 12.6 rushes a game for his career with 17.4 a game being his most. With RBBC being so popular now I just don't see one guy getting to run the ball that much any more.

Just for fun if we take Kamara's averages form last year he would need 245 rushes (15 more rushes than Ingram had last year) which would be 1495 yards and 100 catches for 1020 yards for a total of 2515 yards breaking Johnson's record by 6 yards.
After that year, Chris Johnson was not the same running back. The workload took its toll.

Polo_Haynes2.0

$1,000 We're going back!
Reaction score
Not certain if he will or if he won't but I certain that if he does, we're winning the *^%$#@&*!@$$% Superbowl! With all these intricate, fun, talented, hungry and fitting pieces to our puzzle we already have...plus some record breaking by Brees, Kamara and the boys.

K. GATES Of the city is ready and willing to do a part 2 of Black & Gold to the Superbowl. #factsoflife

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom