What Are Chances that Alvin Kamara Will Break Chris Johnson's Yards From Scrimmage Record (1 Viewer)

Not certain if he will or if he won't but I certain that if he does, we're winning the *^%$#@&*!@$$% Superbowl! With all these intricate, fun, talented, hungry and fitting pieces to our puzzle we already have...plus some record breaking by Brees, Kamara and the boys.

K. GATES Of the city is ready and willing to do a part 2 of Black & Gold to the Superbowl. #factsoflife

Can he? He definitely has the ability, able to run inside/outside and catch, he has all the talent in the world.

Will he? No because 1. he won't get enough touches. 2. We have Drew Brees and michael thomas, who are both studs and will eat into Kamara's production. It means the team isn't doing well as a whole if Kamara is putting up those kind of numbers. Becuase of this I am fine without him breaking the record, much rather us be a complete offense head to toe and win the superbowl.

Superbowl > Records! who dat

The amount of touches will limit AK41 obviously. I vividly remember that year when CJ broke the record. He was in a zone, unlike any RB that I had ever seen. Dude was ripping off crazy long runs at an alarming rate

I think people are expecting WAY TOO MUCH from Kamara. Just because you can doesn't always mean you should and if the Saints were to ever use him that way we would be talking about all the potential that he had cut short by injury.

All of the state of the art training facilities and procedures don't keep players from getting injured..........especially running backs. Those guys take a pounding and play with little nagging things every week and it doesn't take long for those nagging little things to start to pile up.

When Johnson set that record he was pretty much the only thing the Titans had going for them............the Saints are a totally different story with a HOF QB and playmakers all over the field. Kamara will never get the touches it would take to have anything close to the season Johnson had.

Don’t think it’s likely due to all our other weapons on offense. Chris Johnson was the offense at that time for the Titans. They didn’t have any kind of passing game really. We have too many other players and a hall of fame QB. Plus we have a starting caliber running back that will get a ton of touches to back him up.

Don’t think it’s likely due to all our other weapons on offense. Chris Johnson was the offense at that time for the Titans. They didn’t have any kind of passing game really. We have too many other players and a hall of fame QB. Plus we have a starting caliber running back that will get a ton of touches to back him up.

Not starting caliber, pro bowl caliber.

No way he makes another pro bowl in a Saints uniform. He likely won’t in any uniform. He may have been last year, but I think he is past his prime. Their was a reason he was taking PEDs.

So u are saying since he won't make another probowl, he isn't a probowl caliber running back, correct?

No way he makes another pro bowl in a Saints uniform. He likely won’t in any uniform. He may have been last year, but I think he is past his prime. Their was a reason he was taking PEDs.
Not actually PEDs. Not sure why the media continues to report that way. The only definitive statement about what the substance was came from Ingram's agent.
"At the end of the 2017 season, as a result of a NFL mandated random drug test, Mark Ingram tested positive for a substance that was not a performance enhancing substance, nor an illegal substance, but a substance in fact permissible with the proper use exemption with the NFL," Ingram's agents, Paul Bobbitt and David Jones, said in the statement.
Bold is my addition. This was likely a substance that either gives a false positive or one that can be used as a masking agent. Either way, not performance enhancing. More like the Starcaps issue than steroids.

Last edited:
Not actually PEDs. Not sure why the media continues to report that way. The only definitive statement about what the substance was came from Ingram's agent.

Bold is my addition. This was likely a substance that either gives a false positive or one that can be used as a masking agent. Either way, not performance enhancing. More like the Starcaps issue than steroids.

lol i was going to make this point, but I wanted to see his response to my question first. Good stuff. Love how a RB who just turned 28 and had his best season ever, who has had minimal carries thru his career and looks better than ever and hitting his peak is past his prime...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom