What Are Chances that Alvin Kamara Will Break Chris Johnson's Yards From Scrimmage Record (1 Viewer)

lol i was going to make this point, but I wanted to see his response to my question first. Good stuff. Love how a RB who just turned 28 and had his best season ever, who has had minimal carries thru his career and looks better than ever and hitting his peak is past his prime...
Sorry I stepped on your setup. Lol.

And I agree. He is just hitting his prime. Should have another good season when he gets back.

More salient point for me is, how many of the guys in that list won the Super Bowl the year they put up those numbers? Not many.

Rings > Yards

EDIT: I see I missed a page of the thread where this point has already been very well made by TruSaint and others. Props to those who already made the case.

Last edited:
1528308163560-png.98495
1528308163560.png

I think what happened to the rest of Johnson's career could indicate what it does to a guy to be that kind of workhorse in one year. Kind of like a Jamal Anderson of ATL or Jamaal Charles of KC. In fact, I would be ecstatic if Kamara's long term comparisons favor anyone on this list except Chris Johnson.

In addition to Sean Payton not allowing that much mileage in his second year (as pointed out many times), Kamara will be the number one priority for defensive coordinators week in and week out. He will be the "don't let him beat us" player on our team.

I think he is more than capable of breaking the record, but I don't believe Sean Payton will give him enough carries to get it done. Any thoughts?
Sure he could, but in our offense he wont.
Too many weapons to go around.
There could be games this season where
he could be used as a decoy like Reggie.
A team focuses to stop Kamara and bam.....Michael Thomas has a 250 yard 3 td game.

Only if that record comes with another Lombardi trophy. It is all about CHAMPIONSHIPS not individual stats but if the stats come with it so be it......cj

Johnson was just a shell since that year. A true one year wonder. I hope AK is nothing like that.

What Are Chances that Alvin Kamara Will Break Chris Johnson's Yards From Scrimmage Record?
.......about the same as Swimmer becoming a Mod. Haha. How good are those odds?

Not certain if he will or if he won't but I certain that if he does, we're winning the *^%$#@&*!@$$% Superbowl! With all these intricate, fun, talented, hungry and fitting pieces to our puzzle we already have...plus some record breaking by Brees, Kamara and the boys.

K. GATES Of the city is ready and willing to do a part 2 of Black & Gold to the Superbowl. #factsoflife
Is K Gates really going to do a part 2? My kids love that song.

I think what happened to the rest of Johnson's career could indicate what it does to a guy to be that kind of workhorse in one year. Kind of like a Jamal Anderson of ATL or Jamaal Charles of KC. In fact, I would be ecstatic if Kamara's long term comparisons favor anyone on this list except Chris Johnson.

QFT....if Payton's goal is to shorten Kamara's career than yes, he would have a chance with an insane amount of touches, but that is quite doubtful....

Is K Gates really going to do a part 2? My kids love that song.
Seen him on Canal at New Era a coupleof years ago & spoke with him about the love he showed me my crew at Lombardi Gras. Before we parted ways I ended up asking him would he ever do a part 2...and his exact words was "of course yaheardme, I feel like that song helped bring not only the City together but the South coast region", namely MS. Gulf coast to some parts of Bama. "It ended up a lot bigger deal than he first anticipated" and that it was easy for the kids to remember and say. Kids in this region that could barely talk could say that rhyme.

My kids loved it as well, my 9 y/o still sings it, crazy bcuz he was 5 months old when it all started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom