What Are Chances that Alvin Kamara Will Break Chris Johnson's Yards From Scrimmage Record (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I think he is more than capable of breaking the record, but I don't believe Sean Payton will give him enough carries to get it done. Any thoughts?

I think it is unlikely as long as Payton uses the 2 back system. When Johnson set that record he was THE man. If Kamara was used like Johnson on a run first team, I think he could.

I think it would be tough even if he's "the man". That would be about 1600 yards rushing and 900+ yards receiving.

I could see something like 1200 and 1000 though and joining Roger Craig and Marshall Faulk in the 1000/1000 club and being the first player to do it multiple times.

Johnson had 2006 rushing yards on 358 attempts and 503 receiving yards on 50 catches the year he broke the record. The 22.4 rushes a game is what makes Johnson's record so hard to match. For comparison Ingram has averaged only 12.6 rushes a game for his career with 17.4 a game being his most. With RBBC being so popular now I just don't see one guy getting to run the ball that much any more.

Just for fun if we take Kamara's averages form last year he would need 245 rushes (15 more rushes than Ingram had last year) which would be 1495 yards and 100 catches for 1020 yards for a total of 2515 yards breaking Johnson's record by 6 yards.

People are putting to much pressure on Kamara (on this board) to be a THE Feature runner in this offense. The worse thing you can do is run this player into the ground because of his talent...if anything as long as he averages 500 rushing and 500 receiving a year that is a productive year for him...we did this with Reggie Bush but it was Pierre Thomas that (for the most part) kept the run game alive and we forget about Mark Ingram who had 1100 rushing yards and another Pro Bowl.

Pretty much physically impossible...he probably will only get about half the touches required to pull it off. C.J. had an insane year...and a ton of touches. It’s worth noting that he wasn’t the same after that season.

Johnson had 2006 rushing yards on 358 attempts and 503 receiving yards on 50 catches the year he broke the record. The 22.4 rushes a game is what makes Johnson's record so hard to match. For comparison Ingram has averaged only 12.6 rushes a game for his career with 17.4 a game being his most. With RBBC being so popular now I just don't see one guy getting to run the ball that much any more.

Just for fun if we take Kamara's averages form last year he would need 245 rushes (15 more rushes than Ingram had last year) which would be 1495 yards and 100 catches for 1020 yards for a total of 2515 yards breaking Johnson's record by 6 yards.

After that year, Chris Johnson was not the same running back. The workload took its toll.

I hope we're not relying on Kamara that much. There's plenty of love to go around on offense. Gotta keep 'em guessing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom