What are must have apps or widgets for Android? (1 Viewer)

one that I've been playing with is text'ndrive. a hands free text reading app. there is a free version and a pay version that lets you reply to texts vocally. I use the free version because I only want to know when I get a text and it has an auto reply message that tells people that I'm driving and if its important to call me. I have a built in bluetooth headset in my motorcycle helmet synced to my phone so I can talk and cruise.

I am clueless about rooting and all that stuff but I got tired of HTC Sense lagging on my on my EVO so I installed go launcher ex and it saved the day. The themes are cool and the extensions are useful.

I had an GS2, it was my first Android phone too(gave it away after 6 months & got a Windows phone). If your really set on getting this phone, get Advanced App Killer or something similar, don't use Live wallpaper, & dont stray far from an outlet for to long :p
Also, look for the WHODAT App!

.....Windows phone was a Lumia 900

I'm sorry, but this is the worse advice you can give an Android user, especially ones with newer versions of Android (Froyo and above). Android already has features built in to prevent apps from running amuck. Using app killers to kill apps performing normally makes matters worse because those same apps are going to start up again and wear the battery even more. Let Android manage apps like it is intended to do and stay away from app killers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I just upgraded today from a droid incredible to the droid razr maxx..So far so good..Sure has a massive screen and was told that it has a really good battery. It does have a built in app that reduces power usage from certain things when the battery gets low.Gonna take me a few days playing with it to figure it all out but like I said so far so good..As for apps/games, I really like playing the storm8 games(imobsters,world war,ninjas live,zombies live,racing live,kingdoms live), they take some patience to play but I enjoy them.One of my favorite games that I found recently is Rage of Bahamut.Kinda like magic the gathering card game, really fun and addictive.

if your the kind of person that would do this, not saying I do (whistling nonchalantly), but its easy to get paid apps for free..
just use a site like 4shared.com and search for the app you want, followed by .apk...
I have a 'friend' who hasn't paid for an app for 2 years.. just sayin.

sent from my Samsung Infuse using Tapatalk

Not trying to sound like Mr. Do-gooder or anything, but I wouldn't recommend this. While viruses/malware is an afterthought to me concerning Android, shady .apk's are loaded with them. I use newgroups daily with the best of them, so I'm not trying to be righteous by any means, but phone apps are dirt cheap and why not spend the buck or two from the market to support the dev of the app. They don't make much money to begin with (most of them atleast), so why not through them a bone for using their software that they spent their time and money putting it together for your use. Without any income from it, there would be no incentive to update or put out any more apps. If you don't want to spend the dollar or so to use their work, using the free version (if available) atleast lets them monetize your use via ads.

I'm sorry, but this is the worse advice you can give an Android user, especially ones with newer versions of Android (Froyo and above). Android already has features built in to prevent apps from running amuck. Using app killers to kill apps performing normally makes matters worse because those same apps are going to start up again and wear the battery even more. Let Android manage apps like it is intended to do and stay away from app killers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

This is good advise. One thing I would add though, is using something like betterbatterystats, which lets you check for any wakelocks, which is rouge apps that are stuck running and prevent the phone from staying asleep. If your battery is showing horrible performance, this is probably why.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom