What are some current DRAFTED Saints players you hope retire a Saint? (1 Viewer)

How about getting Ninkovich back for this 3-4 and letting him retire a Saint?

Got my flame suit on. I go with Harper. My fav playa

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Why should you feel ashamed to say that? The guy is a good player. He has been to the pro bowl twice in the last 4 years. What other defender has done that on the Saints? None.

Colston, because I named my son after him. I named my son after him because he embodies a lot of good traits like humility and work ethic... Just so happens he's a great player. I was pulling for naming him Deuce, but wifey wasn't havin' it. LOL.

But Colston is one of my all time favorite Saints.

Colston, Graham, Evans, Moorstead, Harper, Jenkins, Cam Jordan, akiem Hicks, And with out a Doubt My boy Henderson! Will smith of course!! Nothing but respect for those 2 for going through 05 and Staying here so Long!! Even if Will Smith goes to another team I will look forward to The Original Bicep Kisser!

Got my flame suit on. I go with Harper. My fav playa

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

No reason to feel shamed. Our only defensive pro bowler that we drafted.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Colston graham and thomas

I think that Thomas should be let go right now to make room for more Ivory time. He is a beast and should finally get a chance to contribute.

Colston, Graham, Evans, Moorstead, Harper, Jenkins, Cam Jordan, akiem Hicks, And with out a Doubt My boy Henderson! Will smith of course!! Nothing but respect for those 2 for going through 05 and Staying here so Long!! Even if Will Smith goes to another team I will look forward to The Original Bicep Kisser!

Wow, we should keep every person we draft, with a nod toward anyone from LSU which obviously makes them all-pro material. It is even ok to like Harper as those that are bottom tier deserve a break as well. While it is nice that he was selected to replace the real pro bowl selection (Nick Collins) in 2010 Harper's best days are clearly behind him. Here is bleacherreports assessment of Harper:

"The more vulnerable target, however, is strong safety Roman Harper. His PFF rating for the year thus far is a negative 14.1. That's a very poor rating. There are linebackers in the league that cover better than Harper".

And here is PFF's assessemnt of Harper in 2009 when he replaced Yeremiah Bell as a pro-bowler:

"The volume of players pulling out, as well as the fact that the 2009 Pro Bowl could not feature anyone playing the following week in the Super Bowl, led to some interesting names winding up as Pro Bowlers. The Saints’ Roman Harper found himself named a 2009 Pro Bowler for his performance as an in-the-box safety to complement Darren Sharper‘s roaming play at free safety. Despite making 90 solo tackle attempts — only one fewer than the Dolphins’ Yeremiah Bell — Harper missed on 10 of them to end up with a TIR of 11.11, which put him 35 spots lower than Bell".

Let's keep Harper's "pro-bowl appearances" in perspective. He was there because nobody else wanted to be or could be. Harper is nothing more than a non-tackling, non-covering interception dropper that has exactly 6 in his career. He really needs to move on.

Colston and when the hell is he going to get to a probowl? dude is getting the London Fletcher treatment.

Colston, i really REALLY love the guy. Then graham morstead and evans. Of the undrafted, thomas and moore. On defense? Did we draft decent people on defense? When was the last time? I honestly don't care much about will smith, what will be will be

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom