What are some current DRAFTED Saints players you hope retire a Saint? (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Listening to Donold Driver on the radio talk about how he is happy to come in and retire as Packer, got me thinking. I've always appreciated players that stay with the same team and retire with that team. Obviously this is a business and guys have to do whats best for them, but IMO a lot can be said about a guy who signs 2 or 3 free agent contracts with the same team. I loved Deuce and I always appreciated that he stayed with the team from beginning to end.

What are some current players that we drafted or UDFA that you hope retire in B&G?

Colston - Guy has been nothing but class and greatness since coming here in the 7th round. At the end of the the road, he will own just about ever recieving and scoring record in franchise history (if he doesnt already).

Thomas - Still underrated by Saints fans and outsiders, but to me he is the reincarnation of Deuce McCalister. Not he is not has good, but just the desire he plays with and how he handles himself off and on the field. I fear we started to phase him out of our offense this year but I hope Payton comes back and gets PT more involved.

Evans - If he can play at this level for the next 5 years he can go down as one of the best guards of all time.

Lance Moore - He was aquired by the Browns first so I dont know if this counts, but his first game was with the Saints so as far as I am concerned we are his only team. Another class act.

Smith - I think they day will be coming soon. Dude has been a str8 up leader for us.

Colston is my first choice, without a doubt. He's a true Saint. Jahri Evans as well. He's the freaking iron-man. Never missed a start in his NFL career.

Easily Marques Colston, for me. Jimmy Graham, Jahari Evans and Malcolm Jenkins too.

Well most of them...because I always hope they turn into Hall of Famers that a perennial Saints.

But of the ones closer to retirement...Will Smith would top that list.

Although it is kind of a rare thing for someone to stay with the Saints organization for their whole career when they are good enough to be in the NFL for 10+ years.

Even Archie Manning ended his career with the Vikings.

Colston, P.T., L-MO, JIMMY,
Not sure if Lance Moore was drafted a Saint or not, other than that he was apparently on the Saints practice squad in 2005 ?

I've got a soft spot for Devery and Will Smith since they go back to the Haz era and went through the year of the storm.

Devery and W. Smith. If I'm correct, they're the longest tenured Saints on both sides of the ball.

I think it's more likely Devery will retire a Saint. He's not as fast as he once was, but maybe he's got another year or two in him. If not, I hope he retires instead of trying to play elsewhere.

All the talk of cutting Will Smith just makes it seem unlikely he'll retire a Saint. Maybe he'll restructure.

Personally, I would hope that every player we draft who's a good person and a hard worker would retire as one team players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom