Question What are the keys to Victory against Carolina on Sunday? (1 Viewer)

This Sunday against Carolina what do yall think are the keys to ensuring a Saints victory against Carolina?
Kick their ***!

Being serious, as others have said, contain McCallister and pressure Darnold to force him into bad decisions.

Last edited:
On D: Contain Cmac AND WR DJ Moore! Moore has had some big plays against us! Force Darnold to have to go elsewhere. I think DA will show different looks on the line to confuse Darnold n their O line!

On O: Take care of da ball!!! I look for CAR to go more 8 man in the box n blitz more n see if Jameis in his blockers can pick it up n make the right reads/decisions!

For both O n D:

Win in the trenches!!!

STs: A repeat performance like the one against GB would be nice! Dunno how good the Carolina punter is, but he might wanna keep the ball away from Deonte! Maybe it’s jus me, but Harris looks a lil more comfortable n faster on grass!

👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

The keys imo

- redzone play. Score TDs and hold them to field goals.
- Jameis ability to convert first downs running the ball when they play man coverage
- Jameis ability to pass in the short game. Was shaky in game 1. So many easy yards we lose by not being able to run the old Brees plays with Kamara.

Just take care of McCaffrey
They have nothing else…

Our secondary just completely shutdown Rodgers and his monstrous WRs passing game!

Darnold won’t see anything open.

Expect a lot of screens to CMC and behind LoS passes to him

This Sunday against Carolina what do yall think are the keys to ensuring a Saints victory against Carolina?
Having scored one more point then the Panthers, at the end of the 4th qtr.

But seriously. The one threat the Panthers have is obviously CMC.

1 - Do not let CMC control the game.

2 - Keep CMC from making the game changing momentum swinging play(s).

3 - Do not turn the ball over in the redzone.

4 - Score TD’s when in the redzone, instead of FG’s.

5 - Force the Panthers into FG attempts when they are in the redzone.

6 - Force the Panthers into a turnover(s), in the redzone.

The things I listed, 3 thru 6, if played out according to plan, will win you games close to 100% of the time. If you go back and do research on the year the Saints won the Super Bowl. I will never forget Trent Dilfer picking the Saints against three other hosts, because he said the Saints were #1 in 3 of the 4 categories I listed above. (Categories 3 thru 6). Those categories have resonated with me since that day. I will never forget his reason for selecting the Saints over the Colts.

Of course CMc.
Getting pressure with our front 4. Darnold handled blitzes very well in week 1.
I think our LB play today is critical.
I'm hoping Zack Baun introduces himself to the NFL today
That's really it on D.

On Offense, same as last week. Stay ahead of the chains, run the ball effectively and take shots down field when it's there, or just dump it off for a modest gain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom