What are the keys to victory for Saints vs. Bears week 8 (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This week the Saints face a tough defensive opponent in the Chicago perhaps without M.T, Sanders and Callaway.

I think this week a big key to victory for the Saints will be to establish a good running game, eat the clock and force Chicago to some 3 and outs.

What say you are some keys to Victory?

Dress @ least 3 WR.
Take advantage of their OL, not allowing Foles time to get their WR down field.

be ready to be screened to death. Nagy gets screen happy kind of like CSP sometimes. Problem is screens burn our "awesome" D regularyl

Other posters have already hit on it but the defense HAS to find itself this game. If they don't do it against Chicago then it isn't going to happen this year. They will need the momentum going into the Tampa game the following week.

The offense will probably do well at first running scripted plays as they always do, but will likely sputter out towards the end.

Bears have struggled to run. You’ve got to accept risk and go to a one gap scheme. Expect pass on every down. Don’t cheat up the safeties and play safe with zone and two deep safeties. Make them March down the field. Wait for them to make a mistake. Run the ball with the same package they’ve been using Kamara/Murray lined up together. This may be the game to open it up some more and go for more explosive drives. I’m surprised we are tied for least amount of possessions this year. That’s obviously strategic but this game may deviate from that to put pressure on the Bears offense. I don’t think they can score more than 20 without defensive or ST points. I’m thinking the Saints cover the three point spread this week.

I hope this is the game our D gets its swagger back I mean in 2017 and 2018 they were good not dominant but they had swagger it’s like it’s just gone . No sauce dry they’re not having fun

If the Bears score more than 10 points, we are toast the rest of the season on defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom