What are the keys to victory for Saints vs. Bears week 8 (1 Viewer)

Just read an article on the front page that says Lattimore is giving up a perfect passer rating ....well....that has to change.....it helps tremendously when Latt can shut down his side of the field.

Stay ahead of the chains, have the ball at the end of the first half and beginning of the second half, and cover every eligible receiver!

Like many others have said run the ball until they bleed!! I would bring 3 runners to this game and rotate them if needed because it will be a grind. Once we have sufficiently beat them down with the run go play action and throw the 10-20 yard passes on them like crazy.

I think we will win for sure if we run 150+ yards.
We will win if we keep their 3rd down average less than 50%.
We will win if we force 2 FG's in the red zone.

It can be done because we have done it!

In the win last year, Murray had a big day. The game plan was run it down their throat. I don’t see much difference this year. I would like to see Kamara and Murray in the game together. I don’t think we have done that at all this year. Give them a two back running game and see how they handle it.

Pound the ball in the ground game... The Saints should even consider signing Tony Jones Jr from the practice squad, just to give them another tough inside runner to pair with Tay-Train to batter the Bears D. Use Kamara more in the passing game and on outside runs.

Take advantage of the Bears LBs. Roquan Smith is very talented, but Danny Trevathan is older and slower and can be exposed in the pass game.

Attack the interior of the Bears O-line. It’s a weakness and needs to be exploited. No QB excels when they have pressure up the middle and in their face.

Protect the ball and force turnovers.

Special teams could be huge. If the Bears are w/out Patterson, that’s a win for the Saints. Deonte has a chance to make a splash!
This may also be the game where the Saints could dust off one of their fake punts, fake FGs, or trick-play on a return.

Bench Marcus Williams... and don’t even give him the chance to completely blow a coverage and let the Bears hit a deep ball TD.

*I’ve heard a idea that the Saints could possibly put #27 back at FS and start Swearinger at SS (keeping CGJ in his current role).
...or start Swearinger at FS...
...or put CGJ at FS and PJ Williams in the Slot DB role...
...or give JT Gray a shot...
ANYTHING would be better than continuing to see Marcus Williams back there and his undeniable ineptitude

The trenches... offensive line & defensive line.

When our linemen make it work, everything works!

Defense not giving up their regular bone head 50 yard pass because they missed their assignments in the secondary

Defense not giving up their regular bone head 50 yard pass because they missed their assignments in the secondary

That's all I want to see. Just give me one game without an inexplicable huge play where no Saints defender is even on screen when the catch is made. Our Secondary needs to try to be in the general vicinity of the intended receiver.

Allen Robinson leads the team with 44 catches. Jimmy Graham is 2nd with 27 and David Montgomery is 3rd with 25. So if Robinson is out then they'll probably target Jimmy a good bit. We should probably put a guy on him.

Go North/South. I realize teams are different year to year but the Bears have always been good with chasing down East/West runners.

Take your 4 yards when you can get it.

Turnovers...Whoever wins that will come out of Chicago a winner. Lets hope Harris,. Brees, the running backs and receivers hold on to the rock and not errant passes by Drew.

Turnovers...Whoever wins that will come out of Chicago a winner. Lets hope Harris,. Brees, the running backs and receivers hold on to the rock and not errant passes by Drew.
I really hope N.O makes Chicago commit a turnover first drive. If Chicago gets down early I think they will struggle offensively. Since the comeback game against Atlanta, the Bears have struggled mightily in all offensive facets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom