What Are the Odds We Sweep the Blazers? (1 Viewer)

KingNene

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I personally don't think we will sweep them but what do you think? We'll obviously be favored for the next two games.

I think we win 1 of the next 2 at home and end up closing the series Game 6 at home.

A sweep will be hard mostly due to the fact that the team is showing signs of fatigue based on the amount of minutes the starters are playing.

A sweep will be hard mostly due to the fact that the team is showing signs of fatigue based on the amount of minutes the starters are playing.

The defense last night was more intense than it was in the first game. What are the signs that you are seeing that they are showing fatigue? Our best player had an off night and we still won.....because the backups and other players stepped up. I don't know if we'll sweep them but this is a good matchup and I think they take at least 1 of the next 2 games at home. Unless Portland finds a way to slow down Jrue and Rondo and figure out how to free their guards from the tenacious D that Jrue has been playing, I see the same results from the first 2 games.

The defense last night was more intense than it was in the first game. What are the signs that you are seeing that they are showing fatigue? Our best player had an off night and we still won.....because the backups and other players stepped up. I don't know if we'll sweep them but this is a good matchup and I think they take at least 1 of the next 2 games at home. Unless Portland finds a way to slow down Jrue and Rondo and figure out how to free their guards from the tenacious D that Jrue has been playing, I see the same results from the first 2 games.

All of the defense leads to fatigue when you have starters playing 38-40 minutes each game. It is commonly talked about how NBA players are better at one of the court and a lot of that comes from the amount of effort they have to put into playing a great offensive or defensive game. When you see what this team is doing on both sides, you know they are leaving it all on the court. That's amazing, but games every 2 days is tough. Combine that with the pace the Gentry likes to play at and it is going to catch up with guys sooner or later. Its not a knock on any of the guys, they are playing great but there were clear moments in last nights game where you could see them looking a little sluggish and slowing down. Also, I am not questioning that we win the series after being up 2-0, just that I would be shocked if there is a game where the fatigue catches up and we come out flat. If that happens, luckily we have built up a solid lead in the series so you take that game as an opportunity to limit minutes some and get guys their legs back.

All of the defense leads to fatigue when you have starters playing 38-40 minutes each game. It is commonly talked about how NBA players are better at one of the court and a lot of that comes from the amount of effort they have to put into playing a great offensive or defensive game. When you see what this team is doing on both sides, you know they are leaving it all on the court. That's amazing, but games every 2 days is tough. Combine that with the pace the Gentry likes to play at and it is going to catch up with guys sooner or later. Its not a knock on any of the guys, they are playing great but there were clear moments in last nights game where you could see them looking a little sluggish and slowing down. Also, I am not questioning that we win the series after being up 2-0, just that I would be shocked if there is a game where the fatigue catches up and we come out flat. If that happens, luckily we have built up a solid lead in the series so you take that game as an opportunity to limit minutes some and get guys their legs back.

I understand and agree with most of this. You stated that the team was showing signs of fatigue. I just wanted to know what you saw in the first two games that the team was showing signs of fatigue. Undoubtedly, eventually, they will begin to show signs but I haven't seen it thus far, but you have. I'd like to know what you've seen in the first two games that point to the team currently showing signs of fatigue, that's all.

I understand and agree with most of this. You stated that the team was showing signs of fatigue. I just wanted to know what you saw in the first two games that the team was showing signs of fatigue. Undoubtedly, eventually, they will begin to show signs but I haven't seen it thus far, but you have. I'd like to know what you've seen in the first two games that point to the team currently showing signs of fatigue, that's all.

I think we definitely showed signs of fatigue at the end of game 1. Body language and decision making looked to back that up during the Blazers’ comeback attempt.

Now I actually didn’t stay up to watch the end of game 2 (early morning the next day) but maybe Davis not scoring in the final 14 minutes was evidence of fatigue?

I think we definitely showed signs of fatigue at the end of game 1. Body language and decision making looked to back that up during the Blazers’ comeback attempt.

Now I actually didn’t stay up to watch the end of game 2 (early morning the next day) but maybe Davis not scoring in the final 14 minutes was evidence of fatigue?

Yes, it was the same kind of thing. There seemed to be a drag come early in the 4th before a late push.

I didn't really see any signs of it in game 2.. Portland looked like they were ran ragged, but I didn't notice any sign from our guys.. AD didnt score in the last 14 minutes because he didnt have to, Niko,Rondo,Miller and Jrue took over the game and had the hot hands, so we were feeding them

Well it looks like there is a good chance we sweep them.

Haha. I hope so. It'd be great to finish them in N.O. and get some much needed rest for what will no doubt be a much more difficult series against G.S.

This team has been a joy to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom