What are we to expect from Bush this year? (1 Viewer)

Even though I have my concerns about the wisdom of exposing Reggie to the pounding that a 20-25 carries per game running back takes, I feel that the areas where the majority of Reggie's improvement must come from are: in between the ears and right behind the sternum.

I think you expect a big year from him. He will finally figure out how to use that speed of his. And he has world class speed as we all know. Which coach was it at halftime this year said something like "Bush is faster than we thought"...

He had 2 td returns for a td his rookie year against TB and another against that Giants that got called back. In limited return role. So again where is this so called proof? 31 total returns in 2 years and he can't do it.

I agree that Reggie is the most athletic player on this team, but that fact makes his play more disappointing. His runback against the Giants was giftwrapped, but his tendency of wanting to jump over people and letting a finger on his leg lose his balance cost him. It was one of the few times, he just exploded through a hole which is what he needs to do to be successful. But besides all that, how many runbacks did he get nothing or lost yardage? Thats what makes us doubt his ability in this area. I cant imagine it will change all of a sudden. I think when we are down at the end of a game, ala TB, that he should be inserted to break one as what else is there to lose? I dont think the ability to break tackles on runbacks is pivotal, as Hester just runs past people but since Reggie hasnt shown that ability then he will need to run tougher or it will be more of the same.

He was in a limited role because he showed he couldnt get it done and it just wasnt worth the injury risk. Being more prone to turnovers has taken chances from him too IMO? I dont have an issue with only 1 return for TD, its more in his inability for averaging positive yardage.

Last edited:
1,600 yards rushing, 20 TD
1,200 yards receiving 14 TD

I hear ya' brotha...that would be one hell of a year. 34 TD's - whew! 2+ TD"s every game all year long. I do think he can score some points this year on some big plays. I would love to get half that many from him.

:hihi:
I hear ya' brotha...that would be one hell of a year. 34 TD's - whew! 2+ TD"s every game all year long. I do think he can score some points this year on some big plays. I would love to get half that many from him.

That is true.

Regardless if the debate on how he was used, something was wrong this season. His head was elsewhere at times. Too many mistakes, too many dropped passes...

I guess the injury didn't help either.

Anyway, 205 carries for 801 yds. 77 receptions for 801 yds.

how about someone who commits himself to selflesness?

Team first

What has Reggie done to make him not selflessness?

Do you not remember that handoff where he plowed through 2 ppl to get into the end zone? He gave it his all all season.

What do we expect? Pro-Bowl like play from the #2 overall. What will we recieve?

What has Reggie done to make him not selflessness?

Do you not remember that handoff where he plowed through 2 ppl to get into the end zone? He gave it his all all season.

Oh that didn't benefit RB right?

I've read enough and heard enough to have reason to wonder what's first.

I've heard comments from one of the most respected players at his postion to wonder what priority the team has in comparison to all else not God/family where RB is concerned.

In RB I saw some pouting and some mental lapses.

Does this mean I'm hating on Reggie? Not by a long shot. I believe that if he dedicates himself to being a real pro that he can be the greatest of all time. He's so physically talented though that he can coast and excel--but not consistently excel.

Oh that didn't benefit RB right?

I've read enough and heard enough to have reason to wonder what's first.

I've heard comments from one of the most respected players at his postion to wonder what priority the team has in comparison to all else not God/family where RB is concerned.

In RB I saw some pouting and some mental lapses.

Does this mean I'm hating on Reggie? Not by a long shot. I believe that if he dedicates himself to being a real pro that he can be the greatest of all time. He's so physically talented though that he can coast and excel--but not consistently excel.

True, of all the things holding Reggie back, his biggest obstacle is himself.

True, of all the things holding Reggie back, his biggest obstacle is himself.

It's odd, but it's like tough love for me.

The guy is so exciting to watch. He's really a charismatic person too. There is so much to be admired that it's seductive-- I mean that in the classical sense-- to the point to where it becomes easy to lose objectiveness.

So, looking back you might think .... what gives?

To me, it's right there looking him in the mirror every morning.

If Reggie wants to be the greatest of all time all he has to do is make it happen.

There was some great advice that was genralized into a coy interview response that drives my thinking here. It could apply to anyone... anyone who 'wants' to take it.

Expect good solid production. Probowl numbers? Thats all dependent on how much he is used. I'm going to be much more interested in his yards per carry totals then total rushing yards.

This has been talked to death. We just have to wait and see at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom