What are we to expect from Bush this year? (1 Viewer)

he is not lethal as a PR. i think that was proven already..... move him to #3 WR and KR

I didnt say he was a lethal PR?......how bout you add to the thread and not pick apart people threads to make yourself feel like you contributed.

he is not lethal as a PR. i think that was proven already..... move him to #3 WR and KR

When was that proven?

He had 2 td returns for a td his rookie year against TB and another against that Giants that got called back. In limited return role. So again where is this so called proof? 31 total returns in 2 years and he can't do it.

Devin Hester has had 89 total returns in 2 years by the way.

Please Stop.

The role he played his rookie year worked. It took a while to figure it out because he is a unique talent. He needs to play several positions. That way, it becomes difficult for the defense to figure out what he's doing. If opposing defenses think he's a decoy, they'll be sorry when he catches a pass and takes it 80 yards. I agree that we don't want to see the "suicide swing passes." Forget the "gain weight" weight theory. Use Bush according to his talents and don't try to make him into what he isn't: an every-down back. We don't need Cie Grant, part deux.

The role he played his rookie year worked. It took a while to figure it out because he is a unique talent. He needs to play several positions. That way, it becomes difficult for the defense to figure out what he's doing. If opposing defenses think he's a decoy, they'll be sorry when he catches a pass and takes it 80 yards. I agree that we don't want to see the "suicide swing passes." Forget the "gain weight" weight theory. Use Bush according to his talents and don't try to make him into what he isn't: an every-down back. We don't need Cie Grant, part deux.

Totally agree (again) saying he isnt an "everydown back" is not the same as saying he is a bust, its just means Reggie going up against 250pd linebackers and 300pd DT 20-25 times a game isnt the best way to use the guy, but people use this as a knock against him, his carries should be limited, because he can do so much else (via pass or special teams) which makes the Duece comeback that much more vital.

Bush can still be a 12-1400yrd back, it'll just be 800-900 rushing and 6-700 recieving.

Totally agree (again) saying he isnt an "everydown back" is not the same as saying he is a bust, its just means Reggie going up against 250pd linebackers and 300pd DT 20-25 times a game isnt the best way to use the guy, but people use this as a knock against him, his carries should be limited, because he can do so much else (via pass or special teams) which makes the Duece comeback that much more vital.

Bush can still be a 12-1400yrd back, it'll just be 800-900 rushing and 6-700 recieving.

I think with the right back and picking your spots in the run game he can get 12-14 carries a game avg 4.5-5.0 yards per carry. And get 7-10 passes a game avg 7.0 a catch and he can get to 2000.

It all about play calling.

I don't think he needs to do that at all. Reggie Bush wasn't a player that everyone said "you don't pass up on a chance to draft this guy" because he was a great running back. It was because he was a playmaker in college. He showed this over the last half of his rookie year where he really found his niche in the pro game. We took him out of that role last year out of neccessity and forced him to be a full-time back.

I'll tell you what to expect from him. If we try to make him a running back, expect more of what you saw this year. If Payton uses him more like he did in his rookie season as a decoy and puts him in space, he will make plays. He may never be a 25 carry a game running back, but why would we want him to when he can score 8-10 TDs both rushing and receiving per year if he is used in the way where he will be most effective.

Did you not read the first sentence of my post? We are basically saying the same thing.

I see him putting up numbers similar to what Brian Westbrook did last season.

It all depends on how they use him. I still do not think he is ready to be a undide runner and his ball security is rediculous. Reggi throws the ball on the ground every play like he scored a TD and does not put the ball away in traffic. He is a greeat talent and could be a great slash player and #2 WR but the Saints need to use him like he needs to be used or we wil never see him reach his potential.

Reggie needs to improve his focus.

That being said, the Saints need a power running game. I like PT, but we don't know if he can do that (or even half of that) over the course of a season, and Stecker's not the answer (if he's even on the team next year).

When Deuce went down, Payton HAD to make Bush the featured back, if for nothing more than politics/economics (I know I know, what about his "best player plays" motto). Payton realizes that he was forced to use Bush in ways that limited his effectiveness because of Deuce. That's why, I guarantee you we draft a running back, maybe as early as the third round.

PT is still a relatively unknown factor in the mix and while I believe the team MUST bring back Deuce we can't really go into the season ready to rely on him. Having someone who can handle that role (PT/Deuce/Draft pick) will have a huge impact on Bush's effectiveness.

I'm so sick of you guys that downgrade Reggie. Despite how you feel about him, he is probably the most gifted, natural athlete on our team. The fact remains that our genius coaching staff can't even follow a blueprint, so to speak, on how to utilize him. I agree with you guys that say to line him up at WR....why not? There are other teams in the NFL with short guys at WR....look at Steve Smith for Carolina, etc. Also, line him up in the slot.....Reggie never has and never will be a conventional running back. And he's definitely not weak.....chicken legs? We don't need Reggie to be a power back, we just need him to be what he is.....

Did you not read the first sentence of my post? We are basically saying the same thing.

I thought you were sayin he needed to add weight so he could be an every down back. I see what you were sayin, which is pretty much the same thing I said too. Know what I'm sayin? :hihi:

#3 RB, 3rd down back, in the WR rotaion, and PR.

He needs to gain some weight in those stick legs and learn how to run the football like a man.

ron jon...you read my mind. How can his legs be so skinny as a RB.

I'm so sick of you guys that downgrade Reggie. Despite how you feel about him, he is probably the most gifted, natural athlete on our team.

If we signed Lance Armstrong, he would probably be the best natural athlete on the team. I don't think athleticism is the measuring stick. The players also need to have the knowledge, skill, and temperament to play their position. The real question about Reggie is not his talent, but what position and how much he should play.

Well.....he should be more prepared....more focused...and no matter what he does......he will also deal with people who will NOT be satisfied with his performance.

That is true.

Regardless if the debate on how he was used, something was wrong this season. His head was elsewhere at times. Too many mistakes, too many dropped passes...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom