What are you doing? (1 Viewer)

That's a standard kid answer that gets perpetuated into adulthood.

''I don't know''

that was my 5 year old's replay when I inquired about his moving a small table

i found that reply surprisingly honest- a marked difference from the usual:
Me: ''are you standing on the cat?''
Him: *standing on the cat* ''No''
you should let him hang with me. i'll teach him, probably in ways you don't understand, how to be man like me.

''I don't know''

that was my 5 year old's replay when I inquired about his moving a small table

i found that reply surprisingly honest- a marked difference from the usual:
Me: ''are you standing on the cat?''
Him: *standing on the cat* ''No''

From the cat story, it seems you're misinterpreting the lesson here. 5 year old knows exactly what he/she was doing, but decided to lie to you. I mean after all, you did still ask if he/she was standing on the cat when 5 year old was obviously standing on cat.

This reminds me of the time I forged my Mom's signature on a behavior conduct card for cutting up in 2nd grade and I signed using the possessive for my name and then Mom in cursive b/c I was smooth like that and I was learning cursive...

Needless to say, things did not go according to plan...

What kind of cat sits there quietly while a kid is standing on it?

Normally a kid steps on a cat, you've got a catastrophe on your hands.

hCBE6EB4C

I actually just had a 5 year old here. And a 3 year old. (hosted dinner with my friends). I have stained concrete floors and my place got the better of them but they were overall pretty well behaved. And they ate from my Nutella Jar which helps me to eat less of it.

I drummed into my boys from toddler stage through early adulthood that achieving total ease in saying just eight little words would make their life easier and happier:

I'm sorry
I was wrong
I don't know

I completely failed in getting that message to stick. Looks like you've got yours started on the right path.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom