Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? (1 Viewer)

Our D terrorize the Raiders' Oline. Ruiz's debut, and all the other weapons we have that aren't named Thomas to show the world what this team can do without Thomas.

2 . Double A Gap blitz- Force the Saints interior offense line to account for those lbs .

Not sure this is the best game plan vs Brees and Kamara. We use the screen game a lot and this also opens up voids for Kamara to get in space. Brees is also historically great against blitzes.

4. Breakout game for rookie Wr B Edwards.( hope he’s matched up on Janoris Jenkins .

Jenkins has played like a top-10 CB since he got to New Orleans.

Not sure this is the best game plan vs Brees and Kamara. We use the screen game a lot and this also opens up voids for Kamara to get in space. Brees is also historically great against blitzes.

Jenkins has played like a top-10 CB since he got to New Orleans.
Again the double A gap blitz - the threat of both lbs coming forces the Saints to account for those players. ( Rb has to step up to pickup one of those potential blitzers. When the Lb’s drop back , ( they are in position to cover the screen.
I don’t have to tell you due to Drew Brees lack of height. Pressure up the middle is more deadly to him, than coming from outside.
all Ss John Abrams needs is one clean shot on Drew Brees. J Abram near the line of scrimmage gives him a chance to close very fast on the ball carrier on those screens.( heat speaking missile in the mold of J Adams( Seattle)

Jenkins Never said he wasn’t good , but rather test him all night with Rookie B Edwards 6’3 215 or any of the Raiders other Wr receivers, than test M Larrimore.( you must admit is way better cb than him

Last edited:
I want Brees to take at least 5 deep shots in the first half to open up the run game. Once the defense has to play back, the run game can go wild.

I want Brees to take at least 5 deep shots in the first half to open up the run game. Once the defense has to play back, the run game can go wild.
I hope to see D Brees take those five chances deep in the first half( Raiders are much better this year to defend the deep pass..

I want to see the Raiders offense throw it deep. I want to see both H Ruggs( might not play) and Rico Gafford- hope he activated this week ( Ruggs light) stretch that Saints defense out . Saints will probably double team Waller. Get one of those speedsters with single coverage.

Im calling it now, Payton watched the games on Sunday and saw some new wrinkles to add to his gameplan. In particular, he is gonna add a playaction rollout by Tayson Hill in which Taysom throws back across the field to a wide open Josh Hill.

I'm hoping to see our secondary continue where it left off last week. I'm also hoping Drew catches a case of nostalgia and throws for 350+ while targeting 8 receivers. And I really hope they utilize the run to set up play action.

Again the double A gap blitz - the threat of both lbs coming forces the Saints to account for those players. ( Rb has to step up to pickup one of those potential blitzers. When the Lb’s drop back , ( they are in position to cover the screen.

I hope the Raiders try this, because our h-back/TE/utility guy (name of Taysom Hill) will be the guy to pick up one of those lb's and I like his chances, once Brees flicks the ball outside to a wide open Kamara or LM in space....well, I think the Raiders will probably only try this once....

1. I'm looking for Brees. I don't care about short pass completion percentage. I care about play recognition and letting it go with confidence.

2. I'm looking for another big game from Hendrickson. He will be key.

3. I'm looking for our secondary to establish themselves against a strong arm and talented WR's.

4. Finally, please use Murray over and over and over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom