What are you reading? (1 Viewer)

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Thought I would start a thread about books we have read, are currently reading, or plan to read. I am always looking for good suggestions for books (Goodreads and such). I thought I would see what y'all are reading.

I'll start. I just finished reading I am Watching You (mystery), and I am reading Dan Brown's new book Origins. I am also listening to Anna Karenina on audiobooks (I have a long commute, so this is how I am passing that time).

I am Watching You is good, and a fairly easy read. I am only a few chapters into Origins, but it is good so far.

Anna Karenina is really good, but it is extremely long. I am about a 1/3 of the way through it. It is my "large book" that I want to knock out this year. Last year, it was the Count of Monte Cristo. Great story, but it was really long.

So, what are y'all reading? Any particular genre you prefer?

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations. The last few I have read are:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Silas Marner (Cliff-noted this in high school)
Norse Mythology
All Quiet on the Western Front
A trilogy on Drizz't Do' Urden

Looking for something a little lighter and maybe humorous.
I’m assuming you have read Confederacy at least three times? That one gets funnier with each time.

or Nobody’s Fool by Richard Russo. Russo writes great characters and this one is funny as hell

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m assuming you have read Confederacy at least three times? That one gets funnier with each time.

or Nobody’s Fool by Richard Russo. Russo writes great characters and this one is funny as hell
Confederacy of Dunces? Yes, but I hated it.

I will look into Nobody's Fool. Thanks.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy...fantastic books, makes me want to visit Sweden one day....
I have read the first two, and they were both very good. I need to finish off the trilogy.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I have read the first two, and they were both very good. I need to finish off the trilogy.
Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy...fantastic books, makes me want to visit Sweden one day....
i want to read the rest of the girl who played with fire. fantastic series.

i have an issue where when i like something so much, i have a hard time putting my time towards the story etc. i just know i'll be absorbed by it till finished.

seriously awesome story and collection. i'd easily submit to lisbeth.

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
Don't really read books but if I do it is usually an auto biography. The last one I read was Tony LaRussa in 2014. Always wanted to read Animal Farm that Zeetes read. I heard it was commentary on Communism disguised as an animal story.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Big Book
A.A. comes to age.
12 and 12
Daily Reflections

I'm sure some notice a trend.
If you like AA Comes of Age then I highly recommend “Not God”. It is truly fascinating.

and Breathing Underwater by Richard Rohr. This one I can’t recommend highly enough.

also check out YouTube speakers Sandy Beach and Joe and Charlie’s Big Book lessons. Sandy is inspirational and Joe and Charlie break down the contents better than pretty much everyone. That’s like an 11 hour series

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
guillermo Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31

Headlines

Top Bottom