What are you reading? (1 Viewer)

Also enjoy Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and Weltys short story a Walk Through the Woods.
Edit: Also love The Crucible.

Last edited:
For my birthday I got some Audible gift cards and I picked up Mythos by Stephen Fry and he also narrates. It’s absolutely fantastic. If you like Ancient Greek mythology or are just a fan of Fry you’ll love this. The myths are retold with Fry’s wit and humor and it really works well with the subject snd you can tell he has an affection for the stories. My daughter also gets a kick out of it. If you need a break from the news I can’t recommend this high enough.

Finished Station Eleven.... but maybe too on the nose for these days and times.

it’s such an amazing read, though. One of the best I’ve read in the last five years

Description
Station Eleven is a 2014 novel by Emily St. John Mandel. It is Mandel's fourth novel. The novel takes place in the Great Lakes region after a fictional swine flu pandemic, known as the "Georgia Flu", has devastated the world, killing most of the population. It won the Arthur C. Clarke Award in 2015.

Finished Station Eleven.... but maybe too on the nose for these days and times.

it’s such an amazing read, though. One of the best I’ve read in the last five years
i have it in my audible list. listening to a brave new world (3rd time), in preparation for the show coming up.

also the end of october, but i'm kinda nervous to start it.

Since Issac Asamov's Foundation is coming to Apple TV, I figured I'd go ahead and read the series.

Natalie Cole's autobiography Angel On My Shoulder. She'd spoke about her past drug addiction in interviews but I had no idea she was as bad off into drugs as she was. My goodness!

Confederacy of Dunces? Yes, but I hated it.

I will look into Nobody's Fool. Thanks.
I reread CoD late last year. I got 3/4 through and realized I’m just not enjoying reading this. Put it down and moved on.

I typically alternate fiction and nonfiction. Currently reading:

84898425-81B3-490B-93DF-482F0B395620.jpeg

The Karen Memes thread which did take me a while to catch up.

Seriously I have been hooked on space opera for some reason and am currently reading the Renegade Star series. Currently I am on book 14 of 15 in the series, short reads that I can knock out in few hours. I have also been reading the the Honor Harrington series which has quite a few as well.

But the series that I enjoy the most has been The Frontlines by Marko Kloos. To me this is a really good sci-fi series that is grounded in reality. He also has a new series called the Palladium War that is true space opera. His books are the ones that I actually check up on for new releases.

I recently finished Ibram Kendi's "How to be an Antiracist", and now working on "Strangers in Their Own Land". Got this 1 from a podcast Oye posted in some thread somewhere.

I also finished all 3 of Aldous Pennyfarthing's series about the president.

i have so many books in progress. getting overwhelmed, especially with work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom