What are you reading? (1 Viewer)

I just finished Artemis (Andy Weir, The Martian). It was pretty good. I am now reading Dan Brown's Origin.

I just finished Artemis (Andy Weir, The Martian). It was pretty good. I am now reading Dan Brown's Origin.

I'm considering Artemis. I just finished Andy's "Hail Mary". I really enjoyed it. The Martian as such a good movie. I'd love to see this one on the big screen (or a series on a streaming service)

I'm considering Artemis. I just finished Andy's "Hail Mary". I really enjoyed it. The Martian as such a good movie. I'd love to see this one on the big screen (or a series on a streaming service)
I'll be reading "Hail Mary" next after I finish Star Trek Titan - Sword of Damocles (4th in the Titan series). I am mixing in the Titan series between other books.

Artemis was good. A fast-paced story.

According to GoodReads, I have read 18 books this year so far. I am watching much less TV and generally get 1 to 2 hours of reading in per day. I am trying to make sure that I read from as many genres as I can though I do tend to stick with science fiction.

"the Great Fire" A brutal account of the Turkish genocide of Greeks and Armenians in Smyrna and the heroic acts of common people to save thousands facing certain death.

It's disturbed my everyday thinking of people.

I'll be reading "Hail Mary" next after I finish Star Trek Titan - Sword of Damocles (4th in the Titan series). I am mixing in the Titan series between other books.

Artemis was good. A fast-paced story.

According to GoodReads, I have read 18 books this year so far. I am watching much less TV and generally get 1 to 2 hours of reading in per day. I am trying to make sure that I read from as many genres as I can though I do tend to stick with science fiction.

Yea, I think I’m going to read a physics book next. I used to read a lot of history but I’m kinda burned out on it for now so I jumped deeper into SciFi than I normally would.

I’d totally be out of bookshelf space if I didn’t have everything on the Kindle app. :)

Yea, I think I’m going to read a physics book next. I used to read a lot of history but I’m kinda burned out on it for now so I jumped deeper into SciFi than I normally would.

I’d totally be out of bookshelf space if I didn’t have everything on the Kindle app. :)
I just added A Short History of Nearly Everything (Bill Bryson) to the list. I'll read it after Hail Mary.

I am reading Hail Mary (Andy Weir). Honestly, it is one of the best books I have read in a long time. The pacing is great, the story is exceptional, and the characters are easy to like - even those who are couched as unlikable. I'm not to the end yet (about 150 pages to go) but I can recommend this to anyone who likes good science fiction. As @Rickboy said, it would be an awesome movie.

I start oodles of books but never finish. It's probably been years since I've completed a book. But I'm ABSOLUTELY SMITTEN with The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa.

It's not a storybook, per se. So you can literally flip to any page and start reading. It's a collection of thoughts that the author likely never meant to be published.

I read until I'm cross-eyed. I nod off and my head slaps down onto the pages. I might pick it up once a week or once a month. I'm not keen on finishing it. I need it to be one of those books you read indefinitely. Like the bible.

This Portuguese man who lived over a hundred years ago. All of my thoughts, he had them before me. Was I him in a previous life? If I believed in that kind of thing, it's what I would declare.

"I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist."

He says things like that. So many things like that. The loveliest and saddest things.

Thought I would start a thread about books we have read, are currently reading, or plan to read. I am always looking for good suggestions for books (Goodreads and such). I thought I would see what y'all are reading.

I'll start. I just finished reading I am Watching You (mystery), and I am reading Dan Brown's new book Origins. I am also listening to Anna Karenina on audiobooks (I have a long commute, so this is how I am passing that time).

I am Watching You is good, and a fairly easy read. I am only a few chapters into Origins, but it is good so far.

Anna Karenina is really good, but it is extremely long. I am about a 1/3 of the way through it. It is my "large book" that I want to knock out this year. Last year, it was the Count of Monte Cristo. Great story, but it was really long.
So, what are y'all reading? Any particular genre you prefer?
Jonathan Kahn (sp - don't have the books handy)

The harbingers 1&2, the oracle.

I'm really grooving on the Jenkinsverse stories in the /hfy subreddit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom