What are your favorite podcasts? (1 Viewer)

The Weekly Planet is pretty much the only one I listen to, but I hear a lot of great things about This American Life

This American Life is outstanding. I listen to it when I do cardio - I hardly even notice the workout time. It’s so good you just listen to it and don’t give a crap that you’re on the treadmill.

Crimetown - really enjoyed the corrupt story on Providence, I hope Season 2 will be equally as good

Just looked - apparently season 2 is out, but only on Spotify. I really enjoyed the Providence season as well.

My favorite podcast is called "How did this get made?"

The hosts are Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael, Jason Mantzoukus, and rotating guests like Conan O'Brien, Seth Rogan, Patton Oswalt, etc.

1548444022556.png

It is a podcast about really bad/cheesy/corny movies that asks the question......how did this get made???? Super funny stuff. They basically review older and some newer movies and just tear them apart. I especially loved when they did Fast and the Furious. simply wonderful!!! If you like movies and especially bad movies or classic movies then you would love this podcast.

Other than that I will listen to sports and pro wrestling podcasts. I have listened to a few on Conan O'brian's new podcast: Conan O'Brien needs a friend. It's pretty good if you like the guest he has on.

I'll also mention on the serious side, the NYTimes did an excellent documentary podcast called "Caliphate."

It basically explores the radicalization, de-radicalization, and the inner workings of ISIS from an insider perspective using a number of interviews and research pertaining to people that were actually a part of the group or still are.

Nothing I have come across has contextualized the horror of this group and their tactics or provided insight into the human side of this issue like this documentary did.

Just looked - apparently season 2 is out, but only on Spotify. I really enjoyed the Providence season as well.

Thanks for the heads up, I just looked on Apple Podcast and apparently it has downloaded Season 2 Episode 1 looks like this season is about Detroit.

Anyone listen to the Parcast Network? They have a number of different podcasts they produce, but I love the way they alternate narrators between a male and female voice. It's a nice change up.
I just looked at their list, looks like alot I would be interested in so I added them to my subscribed list to listen too.

Thanks for the heads up, I just looked on Apple Podcast and apparently it has downloaded Season 2 Episode 1 looks like this season is about Detroit.

That one has been out a while, I think. I don't think I have been getting the new ones, though.

Up and Vanished season 1 was interesting mostly b/c I live about 2 hours north of the town that it occurred in. I've also listened to Monster "Zodiac killer" (same guy who narrates Up and Vanished). It was ok but nothing new there.

I enjoyed Bag Man that Rachel Maddow just did. I had completely forgotten about Spiro Agnew. If you like quirky political history, this was really well done. In the last episode she interviewed the young federal prosecutors who were on the case (they were ridiculously young at the time) and one of the defense attorneys. Good stuff.

I enjoyed Bag Man that Rachel Maddow just did. I had completely forgotten about Spiro Agnew. If you like quirky political history, this was really well done. In the last episode she interviewed the young federal prosecutors who were on the case (they were ridiculously young at the time) and one of the defense attorneys. Good stuff.
i heard them talking about this on FreshAir
holymoly that was nuts

Chapo Trap House
Deconstructed
Intercepted
Marketplace
More Perfect
Embedded
Death, Sex, Money

ESPN 104.5 Feed (Baton Rouge)
ESPN 105.9 Feed (Jackson)
Chris Gordy Show
Locked on LSU
Locked on Saints
Locked on NFL Draft
PFF NFL Podcast
It Seemed Smart

I've listened to all of the Serial episodes. Boston Globe published a good series that was a companion to their Aaron Hernandez article. Sports Illustrated published something similar, but about Steve McNair. Occasionally I'll go search for an episode of something that draws interest.

JRE
Sword and Scale
Last Podcast on the Left
Storm of Spoilers
Hardcore History
The Vanished
Last Seen
Crime town
Up and Vanished
The X Files Files
True Crime Garage
Podcast Unlocked
Still Watching : True Detective

And many more true crime podcasts. As a tugboat pilot on 6 or 8 hour watches these podcasts are a game changer for me.

So Gimlet media was acquired by Spotify a week or so ago, looks like an additional platform will be needed to listen to the Gimlet shows. I hate that its going to start coming to multiple platforms to hear the shows that you are interested in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom