What are your favorite podcasts? (1 Viewer)

So Gimlet media was acquired by Spotify a week or so ago, looks like an additional platform will be needed to listen to the Gimlet shows. I hate that its going to start coming to multiple platforms to hear the shows that you are interested in.

I guess Gimlet podcasts are off the table for me.

If you have a sense of humor like @BobE then check out Brohio. It is about aliens, ghosts, true crime with what I think is the real life perverted Beavis and Butthead hosting they totally go off subject while doing the show into things that I actually cry laughing at. I learned the phrase Malaysian water butt from the show. I’ll leave it at that....

Working on Gladiator: The Aaron Hernandez story now. Not much I didn't already know, but they bring up good questions about who could have intervened to possibly prevent some of the tragedy.

Anybody listened to Sleepwalkers? It's a new podcast, two episodes in. Each is about 30 minutes long and deals with AI. Pretty interesting stuff.

"Welcome to Night Vale"--a talk radio program broadcast from the small desert town of Night Vale, where all of the conspiracies are true.
"We're Alive"--a drama about a zombie apocalypse
"Conversations with People Who Hate Me"--a program where the host interviews people who have posted negative comments to have an honest, open discussion about those comments and their opinions

S-Town
Joe Rogan
Strange Familiars
The War

I'll just categorize my playlist, some of these I might only listen to a few times a year, especially now that I'm traveling a good bit less(where most of my listening came from):

Hardcore History - Though I'm not sure it qualifies as a podcast insomuch as a semi-annual audiobook distributed through podcast networks lol.​
The Human Current - podcast talking to scientists involved in understanding complex systems from economics to ecology and social evolution.​
Various econ podcasts I'll shuffle through if something catches my interest: EconTalk with Russ Roberts, Freakanomics, Nomura, IMF, Planet Money, Bloomberg Benchmark etc.​
Various news podcasts: BBC World services, NYT The Daily, On The Media​
A number of political policy/current events related podcasts: Weeds, No Jargon, BBC Start the Week, Healthcare Policy, Stay Tuned with Preet, Lawfare, Propublica's Trump INC., New Yorker, National Security Law, Current Affairs, War College.​
Then just a bunch of soft topic/random interesting stuff: Bill Burr, Pod Save America, Stuff You Should Know, Never Not Funny, Last Podcast on the Left, NPR Science Friday, Infinite Monkey Cage,This American Life.​
Just started Hardcore History and it’s pretty amazing

Crimetown season 2 has finally been fully released on Apple. Cant say it is as good as season 1, seems like they are trying to be the David Simon of Podcast and it just isn't working for me.

To Live in Die in LA - this is pretty good true crime podcast keeps me intrigued the whole way. I spent time working in the town where the perpetrated killer was from, always interesting to hear when these podcast focus on an area you have worked.

Frozen Truth - Finished Season 1, thought it was really good and wished it was longer, also a true crime podcast. I spent a lot of time over the years working in the area of Lander & Riverton, WY so I relate very well with the area of the missing case.

For fans of Superman, John Williams, or just awesome movie soundtracks in general. I just listened to this while I was doing my walk. I didn't understand half of what he was talking about with tonality and blah, blah, blah, but it is a fantastic listen. Of course, I have John Williams' Superman score burned into memory, so I knew I was going to enjoy it.

Sports:
ESPN 104.9 (BR Sports Radio)
WWL Sports Talk (NO Sports Radio)
Out of Bounds (Jackson, MS Sports Radio)
Official Saints Podcast
Hey Fightin' Podcast/Boot Up (Official LSU)
Hold that Podcast, Podcast
Locked on LSU
Locked on Pelicans
Dunc and Holder
In the NO (Pelicans)
The Audible
Podcast Aint Played Nobody
Shutdown Fullcast

News/Politics:
Skepticrat
Chapo Trap House
Deconstraucted
Intercepted
NPR Marketplace

Then I'll binge on stuff that I come across while browsing like the Aaron Hernandez story, 1619, Joe Exotic, etc. I also listen to Bourbon Pursuit and recently picked up on Fleurs Truly from this website.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom