What are your feelings as to what happens with Taysom when this year is over? (1 Viewer)

Borg

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Big THill fan coming from his days back at BYU. I've since started following the Saints, and have really grown to love this team, the players, the coaching staff and even the ownership. Seems like such a well run, high class organization all the way thru.

So... Not sure what is happening with the QB situation after this year, with the contacts ending, Brees' status etc.

I'm sure Taysom has a lot of loyalty to SP for making these opportunities for him to shine. I know he really wants to be a QB in the league...which might take him elsewhere after this season. Would sure love to see him stay with the Saints, what do you think his chances of staying are? Does he have a legit shot at ever playing QB for the Saints? ...or do you think he pursues his dream and tries for a QB spot somewhere else?

Last edited:
Shouldn't he have one more year on rookie contract?

EDIT: Taysom signed a three year contract with Green Bay. Saints claimed him off waivers. Looks like that means the Saints picked up the three year contract and therefore he will be a Restricted Free agent after this season.

Last edited:
I want us to move forward with TB as our starter and keep TH in his football role.

It all depends on what Drew does. If he retires, we keep TB. If Drew doesn't retire, we won't be able to keep TB. No way we can pay a backup what he can get in Free agency after doing what he has done.

When the time comes the Saints might tender him to determine his value. Would we place a 1st round tender? I think it might be a mistake not too. My .02.

I think it’ll be a second round tender.

Zero chance Drew retires after the season now, after all the comments he's made about hating not being on the field. Before the injury I thought maybe if we win the SB he'd hang them up, but now No Chance. So with that being said, Teddy moves on to a starting opportunity else where and we make the best offer to Taysom and he resigns (tender or otherwise). As far as Taysom's future post-Drew? Would he start? Definitely Maybe. But I think he plays the long game and studies under Brees with the hopes that they'll turn over the job to him when Brees retires, should be noted that he'll be no spring chicken by that time, he already 29 now.

Zero chance Drew retires after the season now, after all the comments he's made about hating not being on the field. Before the injury I thought maybe if we win the SB he'd hang them up, but now No Chance. So with that being said, Teddy moves on to a starting opportunity else where and we make the best offer to Taysom and he resigns (tender or otherwise). As far as Taysom's future post-Drew? Would he start? Definitely Maybe. But I think he plays the long game and studies under Brees with the hopes that they'll turn over the job to him when Brees retires, should be noted that he'll be no spring chicken by that time, he already 29 now.

Yeah, I think Brees will for sure be back for 2020 and after Teddy's play so far this season a team will throw money at him to be their starter.

FWIW, SP compares Taysom to Steve Young quite a bit. Steve Young took over for Montana at 30 y/o.

Yeah, I think Brees will for sure be back for 2020 and after Teddy's play so far this season a team will throw money at him to be their starter.

FWIW, SP compares Taysom to Steve Young quite a bit. Steve Young took over for Montana at 30 y/o.
Steve Young also had a lot of previous experience under his belt at QB that Taysom doesn't have yet. He has made huge strides in developing as a n nfl QB, but still needs at least one more year as an understudy before he's ready to lead a team at QB. Hopefully Drew can stay healthy from here on out & play another season after this one. Then I think he hangs it up for sure. I doubt Tom Brady will play again after this season. he will never have the easy ride again that he's had this season. And he is really starting to show his age. I think Drew wants to make sure Brady doesn't break his records. So he'll play at least as long as Brady, or one more year than Brady to secure his legacy. Who knows with Teddy. He may just like this team & want to stay a part of it if we can compete for Lombardis.

I hope a team with a decent OC gives him a shot at playing QB. He's got the talent, and he deserves it. Would be a hoot if he went to NE and replaced Brady in 1-2 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom