What are your thoughts on Margus Hunt (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I just finally started watching some tape of this guy. He's from Estonia. 6-8, 280lbs. LOL, this guys blocked some ungodly number of field goals at smu.

Anyway, I've only made it through his Hawaii Bowl tape so my opinion hasnt fully formed yet. Defenitely a physical talent though, dude dominated this game. Will watch some more tonight. I just want him so we can see the "Margus the Magnificent" signs on game day :hihi:

What are your thoughts on him?

He might work as a 3-4DE, the 5 Tech with that height.

I'm not sure. I haven't really watched him play, but based on "eye witness accounts" I get this weird feeling of him being a beast or bust. I think his physical make up will put him in the first round, but his actual talent... maybe he should be a 2nd or 3rd.

I'd love to hear your opinion after you watch games.

I'll watch some more tonight. Intriguing prospect though. Built differently than Ansah, but similar rawness. I listened to a podcast with Hunt though, and from a mental standpoint he seems far more ahead than Ansah. Hunt seems to have a good understanding, atleast mentally, of the game of football. How that translates on the field, well, we'll see. He has a tendency to play high, thats what sticks out at first. Imposing physically though.

Yikes, just saw he will be 26 by the time season starts.

I love him as a 3-4 DE, and in the right round would make a nice pick, but we have many other needs

Seems more of a straight line player, not very agile. If this guy learns how to use his hands he can dominate. Dudes arms are looooooooooong. Good luck if he gets a free run at you though. Jeeezus he lays the wood.

Project guy. I would take him in the 4th, but he needs great DLine coaching. Focused on him at the Senior Bowl, and when he matches up with a OL with strong technique, he dissappears.

Overrated. Watched him in the senior bowl, never seen such a no-impact de, meh. Tape isn't impressive, nothing special jmo

Overrated. Watched him in the senior bowl, never seen such a no-impact de, meh. Tape isn't impressive, nothing special jmo

Yeah. Heard him say that was his first time playing in a 4-3. Says he thought too much.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Given his age combined with his level of development I wouldn't invest too high a pick 4th round is as high as I would go.

He needs to put on 15-20 lbs and be a 2 gap 5 tech

Still need to watch more games, but I could see a team falling in love with his potential. I dont see him having an immediate impact outside of special teams though. Someone will probably take him in then 2nd.

In most cases that matters, he will be 26 by opening day next season. But he has not been playing football his whole life. He went SMU to run track, when they dropped that program he took up football in 2009. So he doesn't have as much wear and tear as most guys. He will easily have a 5 year career and I cant see why he couldnt push that to 10. The biggest question will be, since he IS a project, how quickly he can pick up the game on a professional level/talent wise.

Checkout the Pitt & TAMU tapes; the dude can play. He looked lost on the Sr Bowl, I don't think it was due to lack of talent though, you could tell he was trying to remember what he learned in practice. He doesn't seem very agile though, I don't think he translates to a 4-3 RDE very well and he may need to add bulk to play 3-4 DE.
Margus Hunt vs TCU (2012) | Draft Breakdown

Checkout the Pitt & TAMU tapes; the dude can play. He looked lost on the Sr Bowl, I don't think it was due to lack of talent though, you could tell he was trying to remember what he learned in practice. He doesn't seem very agile though, I don't think he translates to a 4-3 RDE very well and he may need to add bulk to play 3-4 DE.
Margus Hunt vs TCU (2012) | Draft Breakdown

Just watched the Pitt tape.

Damn....poor QB.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom