What are your thoughts on Margus Hunt (1 Viewer)

I re-watched the parts of the senior bowl and he wasn't as bad as i originally thought.

I think that he''ll be a Turk Mcbride-type player for some team, hopefully without the injuries. I think that he can eventually snag a starting gig at 5-tech or 4-3 LE.

Yeah, his problem now as far as being a 5-tech is he is not very stout and the POA. Cant anchor, but is an outstanding penetrator. Plays to high though, gets pushed out of the way in the run game, and doesnt use his long arms to snag the ball carrier. Sure can come off that edge though, for a guy his size.

Yeah, his problem now as far as being a 5-tech is he is not very stout and the POA. Cant anchor, but is an outstanding penetrator. Plays to high though, gets pushed out of the way in the run game, and doesnt use his long arms to snag the ball carrier. Sure can come off that edge though, for a guy his size.

Well, it's a 5 TEch in a 1 gap more of a penetrator anyway? Especially in the Under Alignment, both the right DE and Right OLB are coming to get the QB.

He might be best as a rotational player but he does attack gaps in space better than manning up one-on-one with LTs which is why 3-4 end might better suit him. I think that he can be a decent 5 but I don't want him anywhere near RE in a 4-3. I wouldn't see him as any better than Bobby McCray as a RE.

Alignment can make a huge difference for some players like Jason Babin. Some players play best directly across from a tackle like Umenyora, others out wide like Babin, and still others play best between Tackle and Guard like Aaron Smith.

He might be best as a rotational player but he does attack gaps in space better than manning up one-on-one with LTs which is why 3-4 end might better suit him. I think that he can be a decent 5 but I don't want him anywhere near RE in a 4-3. I wouldn't see him as any better than Bobby McCray as a RE.

Alignment can make a huge difference for some players like Jason Babin. Some players play best directly across from a tackle like Umenyora, others out wide like Babin, and still others play best between Tackle and Guard like Aaron Smith.

Very true. I agree, he can have a big impact as a rotational player. Could develop into an every down guy.

Well, it's a 5 TEch in a 1 gap more of a penetrator anyway? Especially in the Under Alignment, both the right DE and Right OLB are coming to get the QB.

Yep, if you use him like that, he can have an impact. Still needs to learn how to use those ridiculously long arms of his.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom