What are your top 5 stories/questions heading into camp? (1 Viewer)

pretty sure that's not what happened
we made an offer
MI's agent told him to turn it down (not even sure if a counter was given)
Saints retracted offer
MI signed with Ravens for only $.5 mil more than saints offered

it's probable saints offer $5, mark comes back with $6 they would have met at $5.5 (which is what he got in baltimore
it's speculated Mark's agent was blowing his skirt up to the tune of 8mil
mark sucks at hiring agents
2 seasons in a row his agents screwed him over

Pretty sure it was the guaranteed money the Ravens offered, compared to the Saints guaranteed money. 11 million to 5 million. And the total money over the life of the contract between the 2 offers was like 3 million.

I am probably not exact on the dollar amounts, but I remember it being more about the guaranteed money difference.

Which Eli Apple is the real Eli Apple?

How will Latavius Murray fit into the Saints’ offense?

Is Erik McCoy ready to be the starting C for a contender?

Will any WR step-up and become a consistent and dangerous threat opposite CGM?

Who locks in their roster spot among the DB units? Lattimore, Apple, P-Rob, PJ, Crawley, M. Williams, Vonn Bell, Saquan Hampton, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, JT Gray, Kayvon Webster, Justin Hardee, Sherels, Campbell, and Terrell Williams Jr aren’t all making the team.

1. (by a longshot) - can the offensive line stay healthy? I think McCoy will step right up and in, for some reason I'm not worried there but if the rest of the oline can stay healthy our offense will flourish....
2. Will our pass rush start to become a strength, we finally have a good secondary and pretty athletic LB's, can our pass rush generate turnovers at a more consistent rate?
3. WR development and will Meredith finally be healthy and make an impact. I look for either Smith or Kirkwood to step up here, at this point I'm not sure which one is going to be around long term.
4. Replacing Ingram. Bigger shoes to fill than I think most realize, he was the whole package, running, receiving, pass pro....hope LM is up to the task....
5. Kick and punt return game. Will Sherels be the answer to our punt return woes, with Kamara likely shouldering a slightly heavier load would rather not see him returning kicks....

Those are mine FWIW...Cheers and whodat!!!!!!

2. Will our pass rush start to become a strength, we finally have a good secondary and pretty athletic LB's, can our pass rush generate turnovers at a more consistent

The Saints finished top 5 in the NFL for sacks last season, and were only 3 sacks shy of being #1. Pass rush is already a strength... the Saints need to make more plays in the back-end off of that pressure.

The Saints finished top 5 in the NFL for sacks last season, and were only 3 sacks shy of being #1. Pass rush is already a strength... the Saints need to make more plays in the back-end off of that pressure.

Wow, thanks for the info, I honestly didn't realize we were that high in the sack department....agreed on the back end....

1) C & OL depth/health in general
2) WR other than MT13 and Ginn
3) Latavius
4) Will Lattimore get back to the form he showed as a rookie?
5) Does Dan Arnold show progress in his 2nd year or is he basically Brandon Coleman, TE (someone who physically looks like he should be a holy terror on offense but can't catch or hold on to the ball to save his life)

1. Our all pro Center is gone...
After watching the season over:
2. AK and MT are the only WRs
-Cook should help this
-Trequan Smith against the Eagles needs to show up every week
-Meredith healthy?
3. Marcus Williams Caused too many TDs
-Honestly would like a change back there. I didn’t realize how bad of a season he had after rewatching.

Yeah, pretty amazing, but we lost a few guys and will be missing Rankins for a while. Let’s hope these new guys step up, and Onyemata and Davenport ball out.

True dat! Rankins brought a lot of pressure up the middle and commanding attention that helped others get free. Also, Okafor was very solid... the Saints NEED Davenport to ascend and either ? or Horton to be a viable compliment.

True dat! Rankins brought a lot of pressure up the middle and commanding attention that helped others get free. Also, Okafor was very solid... the Saints NEED Davenport to ascend and either ? or Horton to be a viable compliment.

I'm really anxious to see how those new DTs perform. I think we should be fine, but we're starting the first game of the season with half a new DL when you think about it. I honestly think we upgraded, but it's a bummer to be without Rankins, who was really coming on strong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom