What bar is this (in Treme show) (1 Viewer)

Consigliere

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Season 3, Episode 3. It looked really cool on the show. The screen shots do not do it justice. Anybody recognize it? Thanks!
IMG_4327.JPGIMG_4330.JPGIMG_4331.JPG

Holy crap you're right. I knew this forum would have the people with the right blend of culture and alcoholism. Thanks!

This is a great show that we only recently discovered - lots of "product placement" for local bars and restaurants - almost cheesy but it works.

Holy crap you're right. I knew this forum would have the people with the right blend of culture and alcoholism. Thanks!

This is a great show that we only recently discovered - lots of "product placement" for local bars and restaurants - almost cheesy but it works.

Its a lot of pretty shots and it was good for NOLA right after Katrina, but the problem with it is that nothing really happens. It’s a good point in time snapshot of New Orleans, but as a show, it’s not David Simon’s best work.

Its a lot of pretty shots and it was good for NOLA right after Katrina, but the problem with it is that nothing really happens. It’s a good point in time snapshot of New Orleans, but as a show, it’s not David Simon’s best work.

I agree with you and guido, i made it a point to watch Treme every week, but found it really hard to get into and enjoy.. part of it was that I was distracted by lots of familiar faces, local actors i know who had parts, which usually pulled me out of whatever was happening in the plot.. also seeing so many familiar locations made it hard to focus on the action.. but i also know people like my dad who had a hard time watching Treme b/c they had such recent, emotional wounds from going thru the Storm and the aftermath, and watching the show just brought too much of it to the surface.

I enjoyed Season 1, didn't watch any others. I only wish they had kept John Goodman's character around longer.

The most compelling episode (or part of an episode) was the brief flashback to August 28, 2005 and the setup for each character entering into K. Everything else was just kinda blah.

But it was fun to see all the local landmarks and faces on HBO, I will say.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom