What book needs to made into a show/movie? (1 Viewer)

Confederacy of Dunces. I would like to see if they can recreate the same feelings in me that the book did. If I walk out of there wanting to knock the living snot out of Ignatius in the end, then I'll be impressed. Then again, I think anyone would have that same feeling about him.

I second this movement.

>>Gary Oldman

Everything he ever does, flops. :shrug:

TPuthimouttopaSture :17:

Sid and Nancy
Dracula
Romeo Is Bleeding
The Professional
Immortal Beloved
Air Force One
The Fifth Element
Hannibal
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Batman Begins
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Not all of these are my favorite movies, but how can you say everything he does flops, Steve? Most of those movies were box office successes. Sure, he's been in some turkeys, but you could say that about every great actor from Laurence Olivier to Jimmie Stewart to Peter Sellars, etc., etc.:dunno:

If there is a book where Meghan Fox is a lesbian and romps around naked with other hotties.. that's the book that needs to be turned into a movie.

I'm just sayin'

Anything written by Clive Barker, mostly The Damnation Game.
A lot of Chuck Paulaniuk books are being optioned for movies which is great. Choke has been made into a movie staring Sam Rockwell, I can't wait to see that. I read the next one they're trying to get made is Survivior, that book was awesome.

Tim Dorsey's fiction on Serge A Storms the serial killer terrorizing South Florida with his drugged out sidekick Coleman. High comedy.

>>Not all of these are my favorite movies, but how can you say everything he does flops, Steve? Most of those movies were box office successes. Sure, he's been in some turkeys, but you could say that about every great actor from Laurence Olivier to Jimmie Stewart to Peter Sellars, etc., etc.:dunno:

Peter Sellars was great in everything. :covri: (I still love his work).

I'm actually confusing him with the guy who always plays a bad guy in the gangster movies who had a tv show in the early 00's which got canned for being terrible. My bad.

TPS

Confederacy of Dunces. I would like to see if they can recreate the same feelings in me that the book did. If I walk out of there wanting to knock the living snot out of Ignatius in the end, then I'll be impressed. Then again, I think anyone would have that same feeling about him.

I agree. They have tried to make this a movie in the past but it never worked out. Plus, a few actors that were considered to play the part ended up dying which leads some people to believe the role is cursed (I know one was John Candy the other mighta been John Belushi)

Aside from COD I vote for Oj's If I Did It. At least the families of Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman would get the money.

What I would really like to see is the entire Dune series, including the prequels and final two books done by Frank Herbet's son done. I just can't get enough of the Dune Universe. The I like the first Dune movie done by Davis Lynch, but it has not aged well and I saw it before I read the books so I didn't realize how far off it was from the books and how much deeper the books were. The Sci-Fi miniseries was also pretty bad, although the Children of Dune mini-series they did was pretty decent. Anyway, I'd like to see those done, but I'd be really disappointed if they were not done well.

I'd also like to see David Weber's Prince Roger Series (March Up Country, March to the Sea, March to the Stars and We Few) done. And, it would be cool to see some of Spider Robinson's Callahan Chronicles done in movie form. Of course, this all assumes the movies are done well.

Oh, and I'd also like to see a movie version of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle" maintenance. Apparently Robert Redford was going to do it years ago, but never did.

Dude! Somebody has to pitch Callahan's Crosstime Saloon to the same folks who did Farscape. It'd make an amazing series.

Dude! Somebody has to pitch Callahan's Crosstime Saloon to the same folks who did Farscape. It'd make an amazing series.

Yeah, it would take someone with a serious sense of humor. The Farscape guys might be a good option. I really like all of Spider Robinson's work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom