Saints What bummed you out the MOST about the Saints' 2019 season? (1 Viewer)

This forum was most disappointing for me. Football is just a game. It’s just entertainment. But we’re supposed to be fans. There were so many “Fire this guy” “cut this guy” “this guy doesn’t deserve to see an nfl field” etc etc etc. just mind numbing at times.
that's every year :LOL:

losing brees sucked at first, but got thru it, the atlanta game was the worst. and we were still in it til the end.

losing cook in the 49ers game was game changing. i think we win that game if he didnt get knocked out.

also, just looking lost in minnesota.
Losing Cook sucked but we still put up 46. Unless Cook played defense, I don't think losing him given how the game flow of THAT game went really made a difference.

Given the way the season started, I believe we were blessed to get to 13-3. We finished tied for our best regular season record. Also, with all the injuries, you have to wonder how DOMINANT we could have been. Oh, well...

To me, the most disappointing things about our season were:

1a. Brees lack of arm strength for the deep ball, and

1b. Finishing among the BEST in fewest turnovers, yet laying an egg with 2 giveaways in the Divisional round. We beat Minny, and I believe we'd be playing this weekend.

Would, coulda, shoulda... yeah, I know.

:gosaints:
We wouldn’t have beaten the Niners in San Fran. We would of been out coached and out scored.

In 2017, it looked like Payton was building a bully team. The perfect way to transition from Brees would be to become a team that doesn't need anyone special playing QB to win games and have a high scoring offense. A team with a mammoth offensive line that dominates the line of scrimmage. A team with a vicious defense that has offensive players making business decisions instead of catching contested passes.

Instead the 2019 team turned into the 2011 Saints; high scoring but lacks clutch plays on defense and the offense makes a ton of mistakes in the playoffs.

No offensive threat emerging outside of Thomas and Kamara....and coming out flat vs the Vikings in the playoff game.

The day that both Rankins and Davenport went on IR I knew we had lost our opportunity to win a ring this year. Even if we had gotten past Minnesota, we weren't getting anywhere without the dominant pass rush we had all season long. It was carrying our defense and it was masking some real liabilities in the back 7. They were both also really good against the run.

completely agree and had the exact same thought when i heard they were both done for the year.

The trade for Davenport, this was suppose to be the move to push us towards a Super Bowl.... this has to be a regret for not making a trip to the Super Bowl the past two years..... If he recovers from Injury and produces for the next 5-6 years it can still be a good trade but the later was not the reason for the trade...

Given the way the season started, I believe we were blessed to get to 13-3. We finished tied for our best regular season record. Also, with all the injuries, you have to wonder how DOMINANT we could have been. Oh, well...

To me, the most disappointing things about our season were:

1a. Brees lack of arm strength for the deep ball, and

1b. Finishing among the BEST in fewest turnovers, yet laying an egg with 2 giveaways in the Divisional round. We beat Minny, and I believe we'd be playing this weekend.

Would, coulda, shoulda... yeah, I know.

:gosaints:
What bummed me? Well the end of the 18 season basically bummed me out for every single regular season game of 19 cause I just felt we would get screwed when it counted. Is what it is and beez what it be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom