Saints What bummed you out the MOST about the Saints' 2019 season? (1 Viewer)

Losing another home playoff game. Honestly, I would rather our path to the SB be on the road next year.
I've said this before. There is no longer a Dome-field advantage. I wanted us to play on the road before the playoffs started. I've also said that I don't watch many games because of the stress it gives me but when I do get up the nerves to watch one it's always...and I mean ALWAYS a road game.

To me, it was the drop off in pass defense. We went from winning with D and holding the league's top wideouts in check when Brees was out, to watching Adam Thielen control OT.

This forum was most disappointing for me. Football is just a game. It’s just entertainment. But we’re supposed to be fans. There were so many “Fire this guy” “cut this guy” “this guy doesn’t deserve to see an nfl field” etc etc etc. just mind numbing at times.

"But we’re supposed to be fans"..But that's exactly what fans do! !FAN-ATICS!

The inability of our defense to get off the field on 3rd and long.

We aren't closers.
This has boggled my mind for the longest time. Ever since we've built a respectable defense, we still manage to give away first downs on what would seem to be the easiest third downs to stop.

I seriously doubt almost every team in the league has a play in their playbook drawn up for 3rd and 22 that they manage to pull off with perfection against the Saints defense.

Offense coming out flat vs the Vikings. The defense gets a turnover on the very first drive to pump up the crowd and what should have pumped up the team. However, the offense failed to crack open the game from the very beginning and instead they barely moved the ball and settled for a FG. It deflated the whole building until Taysom tried to pump it back up again. Say what you want, but the defense did not lose that game or the season. The Vikings were prepared for our offense and we never adjusted.

The day that both Rankins and Davenport went on IR I knew we had lost our opportunity to win a ring this year. Even if we had gotten past Minnesota, we weren't getting anywhere without the dominant pass rush we had all season long. It was carrying our defense and it was masking some real liabilities in the back 7. They were both also really good against the run.
Yup, I looked at my wife and said, "This is the end".

Given the way the season started, I believe we were blessed to get to 13-3. We finished tied for our best regular season record. Also, with all the injuries, you have to wonder how DOMINANT we could have been. Oh, well...

To me, the most disappointing things about our season were:

1a. Brees lack of arm strength for the deep ball, and

1b. Finishing among the BEST in fewest turnovers, yet laying an egg with 2 giveaways in the Divisional round. We beat Minny, and I believe we'd be playing this weekend.

Would, coulda, shoulda... yeah, I know.

:gosaints:
Man, are you trying to make us all have a sad day? LOL

This forum was most disappointing for me. Football is just a game. It’s just entertainment. But we’re supposed to be fans. There were so many “Fire this guy” “cut this guy” “this guy doesn’t deserve to see an nfl field” etc etc etc. just mind numbing at times.
All forums have ridiculously over reactionary posters. Yeah it's frustrating at times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom