Saints What bummed you out the MOST about the Saints' 2019 season? (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Sticky Post
Given the way the season started, I believe we were blessed to get to 13-3. We finished tied for our best regular season record. Also, with all the injuries, you have to wonder how DOMINANT we could have been. Oh, well...

To me, the most disappointing things about our season were:

1a. Brees lack of arm strength for the deep ball, and

1b. Finishing among the BEST in fewest turnovers, yet laying an egg with 2 giveaways in the Divisional round. We beat Minny, and I believe we'd be playing this weekend.

Would, coulda, shoulda... yeah, I know.

:gosaints:

Gumbo's Dad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Not learning from the first time we lost to Vikes in the playoffs 2 years prior and not getting a legit wr2. Vikes are one of a few teams who CAN guard Mike, and we have no answer. Second would be over using Kamara between the tackles and injuring him in the process. We should have trusted Murray. Sean got the fever with only 1 NFL receiver on the roster. Bounced out again.

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Besides the obvious of losing to the Vikings at home in the playoffs, it was losing that FailClown game after the bye. That cost us a top #2 seed in the playoffs. I still think Drew should of waited to come back after the bye and we win that Atlanta game easily. We didn’t need him against the Cardinals.

Dallas_Saint73

Squat, Bench, Deadlift.
Reaction score
Falcons game after the bye week and key player injuries. If we had been healthy going into our playoff run, there's no doubt in my mind that we would have been in the NFCCG.

RKNSaint

Contrarian
Reaction score
Falcons game after the bye week and key player injuries. If we had been healthy going into our playoff run, there's no doubt in my mind that we would have been in the NFCCG.
Good choice. That Falcons loss was huge and put us in catch up mode that we never really recovered from.

Overall, my biggest disappointment is we just couldn't rise to the occasion when it counted most. 49ers game and Vikings game come to mind.

Biggest surprise was how we played with TB in at QB. We won a few games I had figured we would lose when looking at the schedule.

Overall a big dud of a season with the expectations being so high.

Reaction score
Never understood why they didn't feed him the ball more in that game. Taysom single handedly had Minny at thier heels. Can't recall any single player doing that with as few touches he had.
I agree the vikings did not have an answer for Taysom. He would have won that game for us. The defense kept us in it till the end.

Some Key notes as well:
If Lutz didnt miss the Kick
If brees wasnt responsible for 2x turnovers either.

EvilMike

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
How?

Saints D held the Vikings to 7 points in the 2nd half, never had the lead after halftime and held Minnesota to 20 points in regulation despite Brees throwing a pick that led to 7 points at the end of the first half?
Did you notice the tie score at the end of regulation?

KingBarkus

King of Nuttin'
Reaction score
For me it was:

1. Losing Davenport and Rankins to IR. That's when cold fear started creeping in.
2. Seattle not getting that final 6 inches. I knew then.
3. Getting outcoached by Zimmer against our OL in the playoff game. Moving his key pass rushes inside on 3rd downs.
4. Secondary with low football IQ. Williams is Exhibit A. Did you see players on other teams including LB's tackling Kittle high?
5. Brees /Thomas miscommunication on the Brees fumble deep in 49er territory when we were rolling.

50_Saint

"Da Enligtened One"
Reaction score
For me it was:

1. Losing Davenport and Rankins to IR. That's when cold fear started creeping in.
2. Seattle not getting that final 6 inches. I knew then.
3. Getting outcoached by Zimmer against our OL in the playoff game. Moving his key pass rushes inside on 3rd downs.
4. Secondary with low football IQ. Williams is Exhibit A. Did you see players on other teams including LB's tackling Kittle high?
5. Brees /Thomas miscommunication on the Brees fumble deep in 49er territory when we were rolling.
All great points. I would like to add one more to this list:

6. Keeping Andrus Peat at LG when clearly he was the bad link in the chain.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom