Saints What bummed you out the MOST about the Saints' 2019 season? (1 Viewer)

1-They should have forced Rankins to rest some more before returning.

2-They didnt run the ball enough. Murray was effective at times but we would go away from him.

3-It should be obvious by now that our guys can’t play the entire season playing at the current pace. Coaches need to have our playmakers on snap counts.

4-Cut ties with PJ Williams, Ginn, AJ Klein (the Vikings schemed Klein all game long) he was a backup in Carolina for a reason, Robertson or Teo should have played instead.

5-Besides Davis no one on defense really brings the passion, fire , energy every game. I’m not saying there is no effort, it’s just that Davis stands out week in and week out.
Just look at how TH plays on offense...he’s looking for contact, he’s looking to make the play. We need more of this in all 3 phases.

6- Niners game was our super bowl and we were not prepared. 48 points in the Dome, how many times has that happened in the last 15 years?

40+ points at home since 2004
2012 - 2
2014 - 1
2015 - 3
2016 - 1
2018 - 1
2019 - 1

Given the way the season started, I believe we were blessed to get to 13-3. We finished tied for our best regular season record. Also, with all the injuries, you have to wonder how DOMINANT we could have been. Oh, well...

To me, the most disappointing things about our season were:

1a. Brees lack of arm strength for the deep ball, and

1b. Finishing among the BEST in fewest turnovers, yet laying an egg with 2 giveaways in the Divisional round. We beat Minny, and I believe we'd be playing this weekend.

Would, coulda, shoulda... yeah, I know.

:gosaints:
IM just looking forward to next season.​

The almost complete repeat of the defensive meltdown from the previous 2 seasons in the playoffs. You can say all you want about the offensive performance, but in the end, the offense gave them the opportunity to win they game and they chocked, just like in the Minneapolis game 2 years ago, just like in the NFCCG last year.

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Giving up on the RUN!!!

(And, surprise, surprise, the DEFENSE not doing their job - esp at the end of games.)

ETA: I'm getting tired of the Saints D being the Posters Boys immemorial for FAILED PLAYS: Beast Mode, Minny Miracle, Kittle Kalamity Kanter
Amen

4-Cut ties with PJ Williams, Ginn, AJ Klein (the Vikings schemed Klein all game long) he was a backup in Carolina for a reason, Robertson or Teo should have played instead.

I call complete BS on this one. The Vikes scored 20 points in regulation....and the Saints defense struggled to stop the run because both Rankins and Davenport were on IR.

I don't think it is coincidental that the game that Klein was out the 9ers destroyed our defense. He sets the defensive alignments. He was a backup in Carolina because the starter was this guy named Luke Kuechly...

Definitely losing to the Vikings AT HOME!!! It would have been easier to accept losing on the road to GB or San Fran.
To me, losing to the Vikings hurt less than the sure knowledge that Cousins would lead the Vikings to fold like a cheap suit at the first opportunity after beating the Saints.

It meant that the best team didn't advance, which gave the 49ers an even easier road to the SB, and deprived the Saints of an opportunity to face Green Bay and shut a bunch of people up (hopefully).

It altered the rest of the play-off picture, and deprived the fans of some much better match-ups.

I have a few, but one of them is the defense getting gashed by big plays in the playoffs for the third consecutive season.

Sean Payton going for two against SF had lasting ramifications.

PJ Williams was one of our best and most consistent players all year. So was Klein. I love Robertson just as much as the next but he was late to see and react to plays (watch the 49ers game, again) EVERYTHING was open underneath when he played and Klein was out.

1.) Penalties---Ongoing issue all year.
2.) Coming out flat in the first half of games.
3.) Defense continued lack of ability to close out games!
4.) Offensive Play calling and lack of ability to quickly adjust when the game plan isn't working.
5.) Lack of WR's which we all knew was an issue before the offseason began. They didn't address it and it remained a problem.

Last edited:
How it all ended, losing in the opening round of the playoffs to the Vikings had to be the most deflating of all. We can all site the reasons on what led to that, and there were a number of them.

It was the defense being a total no-show at home vs San Francisco. No doubt.

That proved the Saint were not a championship caliber team and would have to be lucky to win it all.

Still I suspect that the 49ers knew the Saints defensive calls in that game. San Francisco lost that game physically, yet they had the right play on offense called every time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom