Saints What can be learned from the Sunday let down (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What will have changed in this next game at Tampa Bay? Will the absence of Lattimore be big? Will the run be better?

No one really “KNOWS” but what I’m PULLING FOR is to get back to a real commitment to EVERY PLAY which is called! You just can’t say , hey we need to run the ball more or we need to protect Drew better, it’s obvious that these are just “givens” once the game film is reviewed. Our Defense has looked impenetrable and our Offense , when Drew came back and week before when Teddy had gotten into his rhythm ? We looked as if we could Rush & Pass the ball effectively enough to beat anyone at anytime and anywhere! Let’s just call this past loss an anomaly and move on with the swagger of a Division Leader and deeply in the hunt to lead the NFC! We’ve got the talent and they just need to show it out EVERY WEEK! Hard to do in the NFL as the competition is very high but Our SAINTS are very GOOD if not GREAT! I’m not about to feel down or throw in the towel or anything close! Beat the Yucks and we’re back on track! Simple if you ask me! We’ve GOT THE TALENT so let our players play! Don’t get too caught up in forcing the pass and definitely cut off the QB rushes after we’ve given great coverage of the WRs!

tedd ginn catches the ball think the outcome would have been different

Offensive plays aren't drawn up or called in the hopes that the opponent will fail at doing their job. They are designed and initiated with the idea that if every offensive player does his job on that play it will be effective and successful.

If the players are missing blocks, hitting the wrong gaps, running the wrong routes, dropping passes, and getting penalized for legitimate infractions... it doesn't matter which plays are called. It's going to be a game full of fail. Do your job & eliminate the mistakes and it will be a great ball game!

Offensive plays aren't drawn up or called in the hopes that the opponent will fail at doing their job. They are designed and initiated with the idea that if every offensive player does his job on that play it will be effective and successful.

If the players are missing blocks, hitting the wrong gaps, running the wrong routes, dropping passes, and getting penalized for legitimate infractions... it doesn't matter which plays are called. It's going to be a game full of fail. Do your job & eliminate the mistakes and it will be a great ball game!
Bill, I do agree with you overall, but on Sunday IMO the play calling by Coach Payton was abysmal and for whatever reason he completely abandoned the run. Drew was being harassed on almost on every play and the Coach persisted in passing on almost every down. The fact is as you noted, even with consideration for play calling the team for whatever reason came out flat and laid a huge egg. I'll be very interested to see how we bounce back against a dangerous Tampa team on Sunday!

Bill, I do agree with you overall, but on Sunday IMO the play calling by Coach Payton was abysmal and for whatever reason he completely abandoned the run. Drew was being harassed on almost on every play and the Coach persisted in passing on almost every down. The fact is as you noted, even with consideration for play calling the team for whatever reason came out flat and laid a huge egg. I'll be very interested to see how we bounce back against a dangerous Tampa team on Sunday!
Yes, Payton did go heavy on the passes quickly in that game. But he always does that when he sees the offensive line allowing hits & tackles in the backfield early in a game. We simply cannot afford to come out flat again this Sunday. When Sean sees no holes available for the runners, it will quickly become an 80/20 passing day.

The offensive line needs to reestablish some dominance in this game against the Bucs.
Or else the wheels will come off again. :covri:

The only thing I learned is the 2019 Saints final record is going end up somewhere between 7-9 and 14-2. I’m very confident in that prediction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom