What can you tell me about Luling? (1 Viewer)

Jury duty again, or do you have a specific reason?

Little known fact: it's actually Louisiana's largest Asian community... "Lu-Ling" :)

Sorry if racist, i grew up across the river from Luling and have been repeating that bad joke since before i knew what political correctness was.

I've live in the area all my life. It's somewhat quiet depending on where specifically you are wanting to move. One of the top school districts in the state. The most frustrating thing about living here are that any new businesses that pop up are either dollar stores, nail salons or cash advance places. There is a walmart, winn dixie and smaller mom and pop grocery stores. Overall I like living here. Things are pretty simple and easy going. Let me know if you want to know anything more specific.

just looking for broad, general information
but sharp specific insights work too

good friends live there. ( forgot the subdivision - but older popular one )

Good access to 310 ( for East Bank excursions )

both of thier kids went to Hahnville - one at Texas A & M and other just graduated so not decided

They lived there for over 7 years now and enjoy it. Def off the beaten path.

It's an old area that was initially populated mostly by people who worked in the plants along the river in that area. However, recently there has been at least one big subdivision with big houses built on the old Ashton Plantation site near the bridge. This has brought in an influx of white collar workers from Metry and New Orleans.

I've live in the area all my life. It's somewhat quiet depending on where specifically you are wanting to move. One of the top school districts in the state. The most frustrating thing about living here are that any new businesses that pop up are either dollar stores, nail salons or cash advance places. There is a walmart, winn dixie and smaller mom and pop grocery stores. Overall I like living here. Things are pretty simple and easy going. Let me know if you want to know anything more specific.

Cool thanks
Is there anymore you can say about the education system and/or arts community

I do know that Hahnville High School has an Art Honor Society and they hold an art awareness event for the Parish. There is also a great program that high schoolers can sign up for to take very "real world" courses at the Satellite Center. You can find a list of courses here. https://www.stcharles.k12.la.us/domain/598

One of the top school districts in the state from elementary through high school. Pretty quiet for the most part and a lot of friendly people. It is populated mostly by people that fish for a living or work at the industrial plants around the rivers. Like others have said they have new subdivisions in back of Lakewood, Ashton plantation which is near 3-10 and also south fashion which is considered hahnvill but off of 3127. Of moving down here you can't go wrong. Some areas are more expensive then others so butfor good reason ala school district and good neighborhoods with no break ins or crime. If you need any info let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom