What charitities/organizations do you donate to? (1 Viewer)

Veterans of Foreign Wars
USO
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Vietnam Veterans of America
Adopt A Platoon
Soldiers Angels

My wife and I donate regularly to St Jude Children's research Hospital.

USO
Rotary International
Goodwill Industries
Hospice of St Tammany
Louisiana School for Math, Science and the Arts (this org has my full bequest, since no spouse or children for beneficiaries). The board has my full trust and i know every dime i send is spent on Louisiana youth who are going to show well for my state.

For the past two years and six months, the lion's share of my charity money has gone to individuals on as-needed, merit basis.

i tend to examine a non-profit's books and administration overhead before considering giving. This is why i don't bother with Walk for This and Run for That. My experience has been that those walks and runs are an industry with a hole in its neck that bleeds waste.

Consider first organizations with which you have a personal experience, such as being an alumnus (LSMSA, for me), beneficiary (Hospice, for me) or active volunteer (Rotary, for me). This will help you better understand exactly what the organization does, and how its donations are spent.

Last edited:
I've given money to domestic violence shelters a few times. I've done work in a few and when I see some of these women with bruises and broken bones, it just kills me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom