What did RB coach have to say today on WWL? (1 Viewer)

snowdog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I missed the show. Payton and RB Coach Henshaw were on. I would like to hear Henshaw's comments on Bush. Thanks.

I should probably start a new thread about this, but I'll put here. Coach said that Reggie came in today and looked at the film of yesterday's game. The team had the day off, so Reggie came him on his own. There were no holes for both Reggie and Deuce. There was one play where Reggie had a cutback, but other than that play, there was really nowhere to go. Coach said Reggie is Reggie's worst critic and that he wants too badly to bust one open to feel like he's really helping out the team. He needs to take the 3 yards, but right now he's pressing to make that big play. Coach thinks it makes a big difference because instead of 2nd and 8 or so, it puts the team in a bad spot to play a 2nd and 13 instead.

On Deuce: When Coach was in Tennessee he thought there was only one Eddie George in the way he handled himself on and off the field. He had no idea that Deuce was gonna be like Eddie. He's good for the community and a beast on the field as well. Said he didn't know Deuce was as good as he is.

he also said that if defenses continue to put 5'9 to 5'11 corners on Colston, that they will just continue feeding him the ball over and over again. So expect Colstons numbers to just continue to go up. The steal of the century.

Good thread. The announcers pointed out the cutback lane that Reggie missed, but interesting to hear there wasn't any running room beyond that. Not much push from the line, but considering the inexperience of our offensive line (two rookies starting) they did a pretty good job. Especially in pass protection.

I tell you what, Payton as done one heck of a job finding players that can play...... when I heard that Jamal Brown was out.... I was like oh my..... gonna be a long game......

Its amazing too see all these new players, rookies and Free agents playing so well........

I tell you what, Payton as done one heck of a job finding players that can play...... when I heard that Jamal Brown was out.... I was like oh my..... gonna be a long game......

Its amazing too see all these new players, rookies and Free agents playing so well........

I agree 100%, but please don't say heck of a on the new board. :hihi:

Good thread. The announcers pointed out the cutback lane that Reggie missed, but interesting to hear there wasn't any running room beyond that. Not much push from the line, but considering the inexperience of our offensive line (two rookies starting) they did a pretty good job. Especially in pass protection.

Yeah, they pointed out several times the cutback on that play, but they never once showed a different play with any holes. All they did was complain about his running without ever mentioning A) there were no holes and B) there were guys meeting him in the backfield quite a bit.

There was one play where Reggie had a cutback, but other than that play, there was really nowhere to go.

I think I remember the play. It was a run t the left side and had he cut it back to the right he would have had nice gain, at least from my point of view. I know he has to be pressing it. Reggie is going to be fine and anyone saying that he is a bust just doesn't get it.

It is much different this year from years past..........we have a "team" not individuals. We have a coach that demands that his players play football on Sunday no matter who is hurt or who is not playing. Reminds me of Haz's first year........he seem to hold his players accountable for that first year only. Payton knows what he wants and is going after it.......our Saints are winners because of all these things (sounds like a old song by the Uniques---"All these things") Man, I'm just old!!

"Something good is about to happen"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom