what did the superbowl show you, in regards to the saints (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
should we get a new DC and call more blitz/agressive plays on defense.

Draft more DE,DT defensive lineman.

Draft a good corner to give our DL more time to get to the QB.

a blitzing safety that is all over the field

I think we have to bring pressure, and our Defensive coordinator believes in coverage, that is why lb Simoneau still has a job, he can't tackle but covers well.

I enjoy watching an agressive defense. We need the Sean Payton of Defense. innovative defensive play caller

should we get a new DC and call more blitz/agressive plays on defense.

Draft more DE,DT defensive lineman.

Draft a good corner to give our DL more time to get to the QB.

a blitzing safety that is all over the field

I think we have to bring pressure, and our Defensive coordinator believes in coverage, that is why lb Simoneau still has a job, he can't tackle but covers well.

I enjoy watching an agressive defense. We need the Sean Payton of Defense. innovative defensive play caller

Wrong move about drafting a corner a corner cant give dlinemen more time to get to the qb

We need to draft a good dt or lb that simple our DC is fine thanks for the time though

Simple - defense wins championships. Let's all buy coach a T-shirt that says that.

Wrong move about drafting a corner a corner cant give dlinemen more time to get to the qb

We need to draft a good dt or lb that simple our DC is fine thanks for the time though

good coverage can give the Line more time to get to the QB, we need alot of defensive players, they will have to come form free agency and the draft

It's simple, we need someone on the line who can eat up blocks. We then get a LBer that can consistently make plays on or near the ball. Secondary, as bad as it looks, isn't our biggest need.

That, like many on this board have pointed out, we need to make our DTesque Defensive Ends drop about 20-25 pounds each so they can get pressure on the QB. Anybody else notice how Strahan rejuvanated his career by dropping from 275 back down to 255?

good coverage can give the Line more time to get to the QB, we need alot of defensive players, they will have to come form free agency and the draft

The key to the Giants win was their pass rush, not their coverage. Brady had to make some of his throws almost immediately. That was due to the pass rush. That's where the Saints need to begin to upgrade. Giants don't have any superstars in their secondary.

Mainly, that we do not have the attitude for success on Defense.

Also, I have to add that I give super props to the DC of the Giants. He was on top of his guys the whole time. They truly played lights out. Congrats. (whish it were the Saints mumble grumble mumble)

Rick

PASS-RUSHING DEPTH! Get some more bodies in there to get after the QB and rotate them all game long. These guys can't go every down every play; they're too big, they wear out. Constant pressure by always having fresh legs. Oh, and a MLB that can read an offense better than Brady can a defense.

Converting on 3rd down is nice, too.

Last edited:
Defense wins championships.

Team chemistry matters...(subtact Tiki and Shockey)

It can be turned around in an instant...that team was nothing at 8-8 in 2006 and started out 0-2 in 2007.

Draft smart...2007 draft picks Aaron Ross, Steve Smith, Jay Alford, Zac DeOssie, Kevin Boss, Ahmad Bradshaw all contributed in the Super Bowl and all year. Every one of their 2007 draft picks made the team.

It showed me that if the Saints can at least make their defense average...they are Super Bowl material. I'll take Drew Brees and the Saints offense over the Super Bowl Champion Giants Offense any day.....

The key to the Giants win was their pass rush, not their coverage. Brady had to make some of his throws almost immediately. That was due to the pass rush. That's where the Saints need to begin to upgrade. Giants don't have any superstars in their secondary.

The Giants may not have any superstars in their secondary yet, but they played a really good game. They were excellent on the ball, I saw them bat away several balls at the last minute that were right on the money and would have been completions. Wish we had them....

Not disagreeing about the pass rush, but the secondary was awesome as well, IMO.

what the superbowl showed me reguarding the saints?

We have a long way to go, Defense really does win championships.

We are miles away from being a Super Bowl contender with our defense. Our offense is a Top 5 unit; however, the talent isn't there on defense.

D-Line=under-achievers and old age in the middle.
LB's= Not enough talent, one starter in the bunch.
DB's= Just plain poor, total upgrade needed.

We can't upgrade an entire defense in one off-season. We are a minimum of two years away from a serious Super Bowl run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom