guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
me:
hill claiming 2nd spot
rbs eventually finding their feet
D harris working his way off team
TQ smith good (except for the lazy route that almost got intercepted)

First string looked a little sluggish. Second string pushed around a bit. Third string showed extent of depth on team.

If you mean the hill pass, that was late. The ball should be arriving as Smith turns out his break. It's a timing route. Hill was off.

Smith reminds me of Eric Martin.

I also like the motor of Loewen.

All.else I agree

Williams runs hard. Hill looked better overall than Savage. Harris is still the Harris we remember in our nightmares. If the defense has a weakness, it’s going to be the linebackers. I liked the grit the team showed from the late 3rd on. Ingram looked really sharp. Kamara had a hard time getting going with the poor passes he got.

me:
hill claiming 2nd spot

Hill claiming backup is a joke. I saw a few things positive but starting defenses will eat him alive. He was ready to run during the slightest pressure.

It seemed like Hendrickson had a lot of good pressures. Actually I liked the pass rush in most of the game.

The defense overall didn't play very well but there were some good flashes.

Our starting OL is amazing and our offense is pretty good even with our not so good backup QBs.

Tom Savage’s balls float. Well, really, every man’s does over 30, but every time he threw a pass, I thought the 5 minutes it was in the air, a DB would have time to walk out there and grab it. Hill’s did too, at first, but he seemed to settle down and threw with zip when needed. Savage’s looked like he had thrown while balancing on one foot.

1. When we had our 2's in JAX still had their 1's. Our 3's, their 2's. When they finally put their 3's in they got dominated.

2. Hill behind the starting o-line would make just as much noise as any of the younger qb's in the league right now.

The good:
2nd and 3rd team offensive and defensive line held their own. It's easy to see how deep this team is.
Jonathan Williams looks like the guy he was coming out of college.
Hill can really run the RPO.
Tre Smith will be a stud.
This kid Elliot looks really good coming off the edge.
Our DT depth is better than I thought
Mitch Loehen looks like a player.
Kirkwood looks like he will eventually push for the #5 WR spot pretty hard.
Maulet looks like he should be the #4 corner.
Harris looked good on coverage, had a couple penalties but one was just a bad call, didn't see the other.
Special teams look like they could be a really good unit.

The Bad:
LB play in the first half looked like 2015 in the passing game.
Our zone schemes are still terrible.
West and Vereen look like worn down NFL vet Rb's.
Savage stares down receivers, has a lazy delivery and struggles with short accuracy. Was hoping he would look different in this offense. All bad omens for a QB running a West Coast system.
Couldn't evaluate the corner play early because they had backs and TE's running wide open in the flats.
Hill is not very comfortable without a perfectly clean pocket and still looks to run. Would have to build a completely different offense around him if he was ever asked to play.

Overall, it looked like the first preseason game.

me:
hill claiming 2nd spot
Fairly certain Savage is one of the worst QBs ever to put on a Saints uniform. Horrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom