what did you see tonight? (1 Viewer)

Ingram looked great.
Tom Savage being Tom Savage

Tom Savage’s balls float. Well, really, every man’s does over 30, but every time he threw a pass, I thought the 5 minutes it was in the air, a DB would have time to walk out there and grab it. Hill’s did too, at first, but he seemed to settle down and threw with zip when needed. Savage’s looked like he had thrown while balancing on one foot.
I can see why Savage has a high completion percentage in TC so far. He throws a lot of checkdowns and throws a catchable ball generally. He throws where the receiver can catch it, especially on short throws, but not in a position where the WR can do much after the catch. He rarely leads the receiver, so there is rarely any YAC. Polar opposite of Drew in that regard.
I feel similar with Terrance West at RB. I can see why he gets positive yardage as he gets what is given. But he will not make something that isn’t there. It looks like his goal is to make 3 yards every play.

why are we not talking more about Elliott. This dude was explosive off the edge and it was no wonder that sooner or later she would have more success. Two strip sacks- 1 recovered, huge Field position. MVP.

Taysom Hill did a great job bringing us back. I'm excited to see and what other ways Sean Payton can utilize the zone-read with him. He's got a very Colin Kaepernick type feel. Very excited to see him progress more but not sure if I want to give him the second string Job just yet.

Tre'Quan Smith send a little lazy on his routes. But he gets the job done. The bad throw was def on the QB, Tre'Quan actually did a good job of playing defense on that play. Reminds me a lot of Joe Morgan. I want his head in the game a lil more

Mitch Loewen is a certified beast of a defensive lineman.
Elliot had a great game as a disrupter against the Jaguars 3rd stringers. (But he was good)
Stallworth also played very good. (we have the luxury of too many NFL caliber defensive lineman)
In the first half Muhammed dominated his men, but he seems to have trouble shedding the block in time. He seems to be waiting too long to break off the blocks. He consistently crashed down the offensive linemen from tackle to center.
We are so deep all across with defensive lineman. We are just deep with offensive lineman. Tough cuts to be made.
Trequan Smith is as good as he wants to be. Good game.
Jonathan Williams is a stud running back. He had a much better game than West or Vereen on fewer carries. He is a beast.
Dan Arnold was outstanding tonight.
For the most part Taysom Hill moved the team down the field. Gets real happy feet when facing some pressure. He made the most of his runs.

Rookie Wr Smith really looked good, Jonathan Williams will fill in for Ingram and Scott was good also. I liked DT lawrence, stallworth, Loewen and Jayrone Elliott

De'Vante Harris has gotten better. Can't guard mike gave Ramsey fits

I saw a lot of the Jags QBs having to hold the ball because there was nowhere to throw it except to the flats or in soft spots over the middle.
I saw good stuff from Lawrence, Loewen, Elliot, Rankins, Onyemata, and Hendrickson up front.
I saw Demario Davis look like he could be active at moments and get sideline to sideline.
I saw the running game just look better when Jonathan Williams and Scott were in.
I saw Tre'Quan Smith's large catching radius with his long arms.
I saw Taysom Hill look more comfortable the more he could move. But he stuck in the pocket some key moments and fired in accurate passes. And I saw him make play after play with his legs, the kinda thing we haven't had since Aaron Brooks.
I saw Lutz and Morestead look like studs.
I saw our offensive line look solid in pass protection until the 4th unit. And I saw them look less solid in the running game except for guys like Will Clapp or Bushrod.
I saw guys like The Unguardable One, Kamara, and Ingram are going to be just as good last year as this one.
And I saw if Terron Armstead can stay healthy, Brees won't have a single issue from his blindside.

I think Johnathan Williams may be the biggest recipient of playing time in Ingram's absence.

Exactly what we need between the tackles, our best option. But can be pass protect and be a viable passing option so teams aren't keying on the run? Those questions will have to be answered.

It'd be 40% urine by half time.

xp0H6G.jpg

The crossing route in the red zone that Smith snagged out of the air arms extended was a thing of beauty and had me giddy for what this kid is capable of. That is one talented receiver. And we have Michael Thomas to help mentor him. Yeah, I'm giddy.

As someone said, he reminds one of Eric Martin with the really strong hands and tough running after the catch. Eric Martin with speed to burn? The ceiling is quite high for this kid.

I think Johnathan Williams may be the biggest recipient of playing time in Ingram's absence.

It would be great to see Williams in there with the starters in next week's game just to see how he handles running against a starting defense. He seems like a guy who could help to fill Ingram's shoes during the suspension.

Hill claiming backup is a joke. I saw a few things positive but starting defenses will eat him alive. He was ready to run during the slightest pressure.

That's kinda what I saw. I'm not crazy about any of our backups but I think Savage will be #2 when the season starts and Hill will be stashed on special teams.

That's kinda what I saw. I'm not crazy about any of our backups but I think Savage will be #2 when the season starts and Hill will be stashed on special teams.
I pretty much agree. If they didn't have strong feelings about keeping him, he wouldn't be the designated fg holder. That would still be Morestead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom