what did you see tonight? (1 Viewer)

Tom Savage’s balls float. Well, really, every man’s does over 30...

It does seem like he's been around long enough to be in his thirties, heck he moves like he's in his forties, but he's actually only 28, just four months older than Taysom Hill.

PJ Williams can't stay on the field. I wouldn't cut a CB with any kind of ability to keep Williams. I've always liked him but he doesn't seem to be some one you can count on to be there when you need him.

You have to keep it in the perspective of the first preseason game. You really can’t draw any real conclusions about defense because the schemes are essentially non-existent. You can , however, see what guys do in 1:1 matchups and skill-wise. For example, Tom Savage moved the ball on Jax defense. That would look a LOT different in a real game.

Williams had the best burst and “suddenness” of all the backup RBs. Lil’ Boston looked OK. I agree that West and Vereen looked plodding.

TreQuan Smith looks good.
Kirkwood looks like a solid possession WR.
Dan Arnold looks OK. There could be a role for him in the offense.

My take on the backup QBs (Savage v Hill) - *Barrett is clearly just here for camp. I doubt he even gets PS consideration.
Savage is average as grits (w/out butter or salt or pepper). He is no threat to break contain, and his passes are slow and stale. He reminds me of Steve Walsh (that’s not a compliment).
Hill needs work as a passer, but at the same time, don’t force a square peg into a round hole. He needs to play to his strengths and run those RPOs and designed roll-outs. He has zip on his passes and showed some ability to fit it into small windows, but he gets happy feet. Work in progress, but I believe he should be the backup QB.

Perhaps my biggest takeaway from last night is this... I always Loewen’s name was “Low-in” and now I believe it is “Lay-Vin”. ?

Whatever the pronunciation is, kids got a motor and is versatile. T-Rex ? is cut from the same mold.

With the way Scott and Tate returned kicks TTL will not make the 53. I’m a fan of TTL but the writing is on the wall.

I saw Von Bell over run a play which happens. You can't win them all, and he has done that in the past.

I saw lots of rust which is to be expected. I also saw that on one of the Jags early long plays Patrick Robinson was in position to make a play but was pulled by the shoulder pads and held completely out of the running lane. Should have been a flag, and probably would have been one in the regular season.

I also saw #45 whack some kid on a kickoff return, made a nice block. Overall the return game looked ok. At least they were catching the ball clean. Savage looks ok. He's not Brees, but then again hardly anyone is.

Overall I was happy with it. Could it have been better?? Sure! But it could have also been so much worse.

Perhaps my biggest takeaway from last night is this... I always Loewen’s name was “Low-in” and now I believe it is “Lay-Vin”. ?

Whatever the pronunciation is, kids got a motor and is versatile. T-Rex ? is cut from the same mold.

Well, since you brought it up: How To Pronounce Loewen

Scroll down to the German Pronunciation...

(I have no clue why they don't have a Cajun option...) ;-)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom