What do all 3 of Brees TD's have in common? (1 Viewer)

You know what impressed me? Colston was still a beast with Horn out of the game. I worried without him defenses would be able to key in on Colston. Wow, such fire power from youths. I am so giddy for this year and years to come.

And like Bush is to Deuce in extending his career, Colston and Henderson, if Henderson contiues to improve, will extend Horn's career. You know Joe had to be watching them two yesterday tear it up on the field, smiling and saying, "That's my boys!"

And once defenses stop keying on Bush how will Bush make his yards?
I think it is on screens and short dumps offs. As has been said many times by fans and announcers alike Bush needs space. If he gets a hand on him he seems to go down easily. It's his ability to make defenders miss that makes him good.

Great observation. Defenses get really, really amped up when Bush has the ball.

You know whats amazing is that we heard talk before the season how defenses weren't really worried about Bush anymore.....I guess they changed their mind, because you can still see the affect he has on them. It will get even better the more Bush gets confortable being the main back.

I've said over and over and over that Bush is VERY effective as a decoy. However, he lost some of that early this year BECAUSE he was lined up at tailback exclusively instead of the flanker position he was in most of last year. When he came out of the gate looking to bounce everything outside again this year, he became a predictable player and defenses didn't have to pay as much attention to him. When he improved his interior running in Week 4, defenses had to start to honor him again. With each week, he has gotten better at running up the middle. He still has a ways to go, but he's getting better. As a result, defenses have to play the run more honestly against us. This has opened up the passing lanes for Brees more. Case in point, the play-action is back!

If Reggie continues to run well up the middle, we can go a long way this year. If he backs off, we'll be back to losing shortly thereafter.

Nice one bclemms, didn't notice that. That first catch to Colston was an amazing play.

Three things it showed me,

1. Drew's shoulder is 100%, he threw that one to the opposite side he was moving off balance and it was right where only Colston could get it.

2. Everbody on the defense bought the fake to Bush, like they always do (except the Ravens).

3. Colston is a Beast, but we knew that already.

100%. You know, with bone injuries, once they are healed, the break spot is less likely to break than a non-broken spot (the body's repair is better than the original). In other words, at this point, Brees' shoulder very likely is 100%. Unless there is a defect in the way he throws that puts excess stress on his shoulder and caused his original injury, he'll probably never have to worry about it again.

[edit] bah.. didn't realize this thread was resurrected from the grave

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom