What do all 3 of Brees TD's have in common? (1 Viewer)

They were all over 25 yards to weren't they? How long was that Colston one?

Nice to see us making big plays.

Last edited:
ok now that everything is out in the open on this post there is one more thing that all 3 had in common.... 6 points and a pat

alright, i don't mean to dump on the post, but I just went back and watch the DVR and there was no play action on the Colsten TD or the second Devery TD (3rd Q). They did play action to Bush on the first Devery TD...and he did throw a block on the Colsten TD.

That said, I'm a Bush fan. I think he needs to alter his game, but once he does, once he gets a feel for the NFL I think his physical abilities and football instincts will be fantastic.

The biggest thread of the three TD's Brees threw accurate, strong, confident passes. In the preseason there was concern about his arm strength because some passes just didn't look so good. I think that was more hesitation than anything else. He wasn't yet familiar with his receivers and didn't just sling it. He's slingin it now...already one of the best QBs in franchise history...anyone else salivating at the thought of Montana/Rice, Manning/Harrison, Brees/Colsten?

alright, i don't mean to dump on the post, but I just went back and watch the DVR and there was no play action on the Colsten TD or the second Devery TD (3rd Q). They did play action to Bush on the first Devery TD...and he did throw a block on the Colsten TD.

That said, I'm a Bush fan. I think he needs to alter his game, but once he does, once he gets a feel for the NFL I think his physical abilities and football instincts will be fantastic.

The biggest thread of the three TD's Brees threw accurate, strong, confident passes. In the preseason there was concern about his arm strength because some passes just didn't look so good. I think that was more hesitation than anything else. He wasn't yet familiar with his receivers and didn't just sling it. He's slingin it now...already one of the best QBs in franchise history...anyone else salivating at the thought of Montana/Rice, Manning/Harrison, Brees/Colsten?

The second pass was play action by design because all the lineman blocked down before pass blocking and Reggie did a draw like action but Brees didn't go through the motions because Devery was running wide open. On the third TD I thought it looked like he did a quick pump to Bush before going to Devery. Either way you can watch the LB's and defensive linemen react to Reggie's every motion. If I wasn't glued to the TV for the Colts and Pats I would go back to every Brees TD pass and see what the stats for the season look like.

Ok, I went back and watched all of Drew Bree's TD passes with exception to the first Bucs game and the Eagles game. I accidentally deleted the Eagles game and forgot to record the Bucs game so I don't have those. If anyone cares to go back and check it out I would love to know who was in the game during Brees TD throws. This should help anyone willing.

Tampa- Brees had one TD pass with 5:52 left in the 3rd quarter.

Philly- Brees had 3 TD's. One with 29 seconds left in the 1st quarter, one with 15 seconds left in the half and one with 13:52 left in the game.

This is what I found.
Cleveland- Td pass to Colston- Bush

Green Bay- Td to Henderson- Deuce
Green Bay- Td to Colston- Deuce and Bush

Carolina- Td to Colston (86 yards)- Bush

I don't have the Tampa or Philly game saved so if someone could please check on these it would be appreciated.

Tampa- Brees had one TD pass with 5:52 left in the 3rd quarter.

Philly- Brees had 3 TD's. One with 29 seconds left in the 1st quarter, one with 15 seconds left in the half and one with 13:52 left in the game.

Baltimore- Td to Horn- Deuce
Baltimore- 1st TD to Colston- Bush
Baltimore- 2nd TD to Colston- Deuce and Billy Miller lined up in backfield out of shotgun

Tampa- Td to Colston- Bush
Tampa- Td to Devery- Bush
Tampa- 2nd Td to Devery- Bush

With Bush in the game Brees has thrown 6 TD passes, with Deuce 4 TD passes. This isn't enough to show anything except a bunch of fans trying to find something positive about Reggie Bush. I would love to find out about the missing 4 TD passes because if they are all bush then 10 to 4 would be pretty significant, for now I will chalk it up to chance.

BTW, I am a huge Deuce fan and think he should be getting a lot more carries.

I hope Bush understands this as well.

Once Colston wins Rookie of the year and breaks Randy Moss's record, defenses will begin to focus else where, and Bush will be free to roam wild.

Wow and then they start focusing on Bush and Colston for Deuce to start making damage!!!! I can see us causing mismatches for years to come. Yes OUR DAY has finally come!!!

the first one on replay does not appear to be playaction though, but I think the other two were

You know what impressed me? Colston was still a beast with Horn out of the game. I worried without him defenses would be able to key in on Colston. Wow, such fire power from youths. I am so giddy for this year and years to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom