Saints What do the Saints need to do to secure a victory on Sunday against the Panthers. (1 Viewer)

Ther recipe to beating any team is ball control and defense. No turnovers and have as many 16 play 10 minute drives as you possibly can.

Stop the run and release the hounds... of course breeze and the offense needs to be productive and continue to trend upwards.

This Sunday will no doubt be a hard fought contest. The Panthers never an easily to the Saints defensively. What say you on this board what are the keys to this game for N.O to garner a victory against Carolina.
Score the most points !!!! :funny1:

oline needs to protect and multiple pass catchers need to fight to get open. everything else will work itself out.

Demario Davis needs to introduce himself to CMC early and often. When they pass it to CMC Davis needs to be there to lay him out. Make catching the ball a business decision.

CMC will put up some yards I'm sure but they need to make him pay for those yards. Make him earn everything. Wrap up and gang tackle. And then what happens at the bottom of the pile stays at the bottom of the pile.

Demario Davis needs to introduce himself to CMC early and often. When they pass it to CMC Davis needs to be there to lay him out. Make catching the ball a business decision.

CMC will put up some yards I'm sure but they need to make him pay for those yards. Make him earn everything. Wrap up and gang tackle. And then what happens at the bottom of the pile stays at the bottom of the pile.
don't be shocked if his only job is to spy CMC

Put a fast spy (Alonzo?) on CMC. Score a TD on first offensive possession. Establish the run early.

I like Kiko a lot.

Kiko is not the guy you want in coverage, haha.

I’d prefer to put CJGJ on him with some safety help. Olsen can still do some damage, but he’s lost a step.

Could stuff Drago. Is McCaffrey slippery in the sense that he makes moves where defensive players have a hard time getting a clean hard hit? Thx

Could stuff Drago. Is McCaffrey slippery in the sense that he makes moves where defensive players have a hard time getting a clean hard hit? Thx

Absolutely. He's one of those shifty little guys who has that knack for ducking down at the last millisecond to avoid the big hit. It's hard to get that good, clean shot on him like other backs. Slippery is the perfect description.

The best opportunity to get some good shots on him will be in the passing game. He has to turn his head to look for the ball so somebody could dial him up as he he's making the catch. If they can tune him up a few times then he'll have to keep his head on a swivel and maybe he gets alligator arms.

We just can't let him take over the game. Honestly, he's the only thing I'm worried about. Kyle Allen has been good at times this year but I'll gladly take my chances with him beating us with his arm. The Panthers have lost all three games in which Allen was forced to throw the ball 35+ times.

This Sunday will no doubt be a hard fought contest. The Panthers never an easily to the Saints defensively. What say you on this board what are the keys to this game for N.O to garner a victory against Carolina.

Tackle.

Cover.

Block.

Don't GIVE AWAY the dang ball.

Minimize stupid mistakes and penalties.

And, of course,

Run the Dang Ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom