Saints What do the Saints need to do to secure a victory on the Road against Tampa? (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now that Sunday's game is in the rearview mirror. I look forward to next week's contest. I believe the Saints learned a valuable lesson from last week's game. Now they just need to get back on track and find a way to improve themselves.

What do you on this Board think are the keys to securing victory next week against the Buccaneers?

Tripping the filter, thinly veiled profanity
Actually give a [mod edit thinly veiled profanity is not allowed on the SSF forum] game they're playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start by scoring a Touchdown in the first quarter maybe?

Offense can't keep repeating this same old routine of sleepwalking through the first half settling for Lutz field goals and expecting the Defense to carry them or make a game changing turnover until they figure things out. Start with a sense of urgency and put some points on the board already...

Especially considering this is Tampa who have Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin and we might be without Lattimore. If this week is a shootout you are going to have to bring a much better game plan than you did for the Falcons. Maybe start with featuring Murray more, A.K is probably not 100% so it will be a travesty if Latavius doesn't get at least 15 carries, and yes I am aware Tampa is good against the run.

Let's get right to the elephant in the room. If TB has one player that "Golden Tate"'s us (if you will) it's Mike Evans. Last year he looked like he was playing pitch and catch with Fitz and thoroughly embarrassed us, Lattimore got his revenge in the matchup this year and cited that game specifically as motivation. Big question now is who guards Evans with Lattimore out and will they be successful? PJ or Apple , I am guessing Marcus Williams will provide saftey support for whoever sticks him most of the game. But yes this will be the key matchup to watch. We will have to successfully gameplan him and execute, pressure will once again have to come from our 4 man front with hopefully less blitzing than we seen Sunday verus Atl which burned us.

No Marshon Lattimore sends a negative ripple effect through the entire defense... No more “set it and forget it” with Latt on the opposing offense’s best WR.
Now Apple has to cover the other team’s #1, and he’s not at Latt’s level... PJ Williams goes to the boundary (and that’s straight up scary). Marcus Williams has to cover over the top of PJ, which hurts the middle pass D and leaves Apple on the island. Now you have to worry about OJ Howard and/or Brate gashing the D from the TE spot.

Saints offense is down w/out Peat and the absence of even a serviceable backup... and now CGM is in question!

If Latt, CGM, and Peat are all OUT for Tampa... Saints will need multiple “gifts” from Winston and a lot of luck to get the W.

We must contain three players: Evans, Howard & Godwin. And we must run the ball. TOP was way off this week and one of our best traits this year is winning that battle. Our defense has been fresh most games and it showed in the 4th quarter when they still had the juice to fly around and make plays.

Winston is prone to turnovers so our pass rush needs to step it up this week and force those throws we all know he can make. If not, the absence of Marshon may hurt even more.

Now that Sunday's game is in the rearview mirror. I look forward to next week's contest. I believe the Saints learned a valuable lesson from last week's game. Now they just need to get back on track and find a way to improve themselves.

What do you on this Board think are the keys to securing victory next week against the Buccaneers?
First do not have an engagement party 2 days b4 the game!!!! Focus on planning against our next divisional game! I'm still up set! Too many fans paid a lot of money, to see our team unprepared for the birds! So embarrassing! This may be our last shot, at the SB for a while.

What do the Saints need to do to secure a victory on the Road against Tampa?

Step 1 - return to boot camp and learn the BASICS! Blocking, Tackling, have at-HIT-tude, playing as TEAM-mates, not a bunch of Individuals, etc, etc, etc,

ETA: Doh! Forgot to include: minimize dumb mistakes and penalties!

RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!! As I have stated before, I lived in Tampa for 4 years and everyone of those games against them were brutal. Rain, sloppy play, turnovers, and penalties. Sounds like a recipe for a loss right. We pulled most of them out, but it was always a dogfight. Anyone that believes we will see anything different from our opponent (effort wise) from that Atlanta game is sadly mistaken. They will attempt some ill-advised trick plays and go for it on 4th downs in their own territory, GUARANTEED. We need to start fast and wear their defense down early in the game.

Well for one, cut down on the penalties. Two, the OL must redeem itself as they look pathetic yesterday. After that, CSP must not give up on the run so quickly if you fall behind. For some reason, he seem to panic yesterday and did not even bother to feature Murray.

With Latt possibly out, put Apple on Evans and roll safety help to Williams or CGJ, whoever is covering Godwin. DL needs to get pressure while maintaining gap discipline not allowing Winston to beat you with the run.

Start by scoring a Touchdown in the first quarter maybe?

Offense can't keep repeating this same old routine of sleepwalking through the first half settling for Lutz field goals and expecting the Defense to carry them or make a game changing turnover until they figure things out. Start with a sense of urgency and put some points on the board already...

Especially considering this is Tampa who have Mike Evans, and Chris Godwin and we might be without Lattimore. If this week is a shootout you are going to have to bring a much better game plan than you did for the Falcons. Maybe start with featuring Murray more, A.K is probably not 100% so it will be a travesty if Latavius doesn't get at least 15 carries, and yes I am aware Tampa is good against the run.
I was shocked we didn’t go with what was working to be last five games, Murray! The dude was beasting, had two games in a row with over 100 rushing yards and he was showing some good runs yesterday. If only he had more chances to wear out that D kind of the Falcons. Man, what was coach thinking!! Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom