What do we do about our WR corp? (1 Viewer)

saintsfan28

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Devry a free agent? So what do we do about that spot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Devry a free agent? So what do we do about that spot?

Morgan moves into Devery's spot. Toon should be available this year after his "redshirt" year. Tanner is still around, as is Hakim who finished the year on the 53-man roster. We have depth. I don't see WR as a real problem when you consider we also have Jimmy and Watson as pass catching threats.

Don't forget Courtney Roby. I know he's not exciting, but he's solid as a receiver and he contributes a lot to special teams.

Morgan moves into Devery's spot. Toon should be available this year after his "redshirt" year. Tanner is still around, as is Hakim who finished the year on the 53-man roster. We have depth. I don't see WR as a real problem when you consider we also have Jimmy and Watson as pass catching threats.

and sproles. he'll probably rack up 700 yds receiving.

There a lot of folks here that would love to see us draft Tavon Austin at #15 and that would be the biggest fear in the league.....Seeing Austin come to the Saints with Drew throwing him the ball.

We could always resign Devery to a league minimum 1 yr. contract. Tavon Austin would basically do what Lance Moore does, he's more of a slot reciever, running slants and WR. screens and special teams K/PR, but he would be a deadly weapon.

really don't see any getting real separation except Moore and Morgan and morgan has only one route.

We leave it alone and find some hidden gems in the late rounds or UDFA, i.e. what our WR corp is made up of now

Exactly, with Colston, Moore, Graham, Sproles as primary targets everybody else pretty much play complimentary roles so guys like Morgan, Toon and Graham will make okays when those top tier guys grab the focus of the defense.

Colston, Lance, Morgan, Toon
Graham will get a ton of WR time with Watson
ill take colston lance and graham over 90% of other team's WRs

Don't forget with the signing of Watson, the saints are gonna look like the patriots offense at times with 2 TE sets creating mammoth

The Ben Watson signing is much larger than it appears on the surface. Sean is already drawing up plays as we speak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom